Foreclosure Properties

Xeryon

I've looked at far worse. That one needs the kitchen rebuilt, a bath update but otherwise looks solid. It is a two-piece modular home on a block foundation. Possibly just a crawl space but that isn't a deal breaker.

Milford Center is a nothing little town at two state route crossroads. Back country all the way. It's about 7 miles from my house. :laugh:

i wasnt really interested in it but i knew you were looking for foreclosures and it was pretty cheap and has been listed for a while.. and it said it wasnt far from mechanicsburg and i remembered you said you lived there

we have like 15-20 houses to look at ! i'm excited.. we are flying up Wednesday and coming back here saturday PM

only thing is we found one or two that were solid maybes (didnt have many pictures) but we think the detached garages (one had a 4 bay) might exceed 1000 sq ft.. and the mortgage guy was trying to get us a USDA loan with no down payment and like 4%.. so no more then 5 acres and no 'outbuildings' over 1000 sq ft

Never heard of a limitation on outbuilding size like that. I wonder if it has provisions excluding buildings that are obviously garages? My garage is about 950 itself and it is technically just a 2 car. It doesn't take much to build a hollow box larger then 1000sq ft. Same thing goes for the 5 acres limitation. In Ohio most counties now have a 5 acres minimum to new build on unless you are specifically zoned higher density and attached to a city water/sewer system.

thats what the mortgage guy said.. i think in order to get no down payment it just has to fit that criteria.. i asked what 'outbuilding' meant and he said basically anything not attached to the house lol

my main concern is if we go the newer house/ smaller lot route if we need permission to put up one of the pre-fab garages? looks like we might but it says to 'build'.. i WILL NOT live anywhere with a home owner association though lol

You'll still need county and/or township building permits, but nothing like Homeowner Association stuff.

To build something like a garage/pole barn where I am at you just have to pay the township a $100 permit fee and you can't violate any of the building rules: like building too close to the road or too close the the property line and such. Nothing too ridiculous.

website says $25 permit fee for storage building and fence etc etc

http://www.marysvilleohio.org/EngineeringPages/Residential%20Zoning.htm

so just fill out paperwork then? I was concerned with them saying no extra 2 bay garages in a subdivsion or some BS.. that's probably more home owner association bs though

That is for in-town Marysville. The fix for any restrictions there is to be outside of the town limits. Marysville is in the middle of Union county, so check on the regulations for the county as well. Cheaper taxes too out of town and the ground water around here is good so you wouldn't have to pay for city water and septic services either if you have a well and leach field.

Archived