first time accord owner(high milage)

patrick

honda's don't rev up to 10k though. so a better example would be for a typical honda engine.

power at 5k, redline at 7k:

1. make peak power at 5k, still in high hp at 7k...shift and the revs drop to 5k

2. make peak power at 5k, shift at 5k and drop to 4k. still in power band but you're building hp back up and you're in a harder to accelerate gear

i understand that you should shift before your power starts dropping off, but if your power just flattens out then why shift and have to build hp back up? plus, the longer you stay in you're first couple gears the easier the car will accelerate...therefore making you go faster.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hondas do rev to 10,000.

I'd shift at a spot that feels good between the hp an tq peak. Powerband is when you start making power, to peak power.

i understand that you should shift before your power starts dropping off, but if your power just flattens out then why shift and have to build hp back up? plus, the longer you stay in you're first couple gears the easier the car will accelerate...therefore making you go faster.
You don't have to build power back up, there is more power already after shifting at the powerband, versus shifting out of the powerband. Shifting out of the powerband is a constant losing battle at gaining power back, it won't happen.

The first 2 gears I would shift at the end of the hp powerband. 3rd and 4th I would shift in the middle of the peak hp and tq numbers/RPM.

Replace the rubber seal around the trunk. Replace your taillights if they are broken.

I got the same problems and it seems like this is very common things for Honda Accord 90-93 (my friends got the samething on his 93 + 92).

I check every thing, rubber seal and tail light are still good. Any other suggestion or do I have to tear up everything in the trunk to inspect it?

Thanks

** 1990 Honda Accord EX with power door locks. Power everything **

I need some help. My driver's side door won't open at all. When I stick in the key and turn, the door lock goes up but the door won't open. I don't know if something is broken or if it’s because of the cold weather. I tried putting a lubricant in the key hole but it still won’t work. Could any one help me with this problem? I would gladly appreciate it. Its kind of embarrassing when you go public places and people have to see you moving over to your passenger side door to get out of your car.

** 1990 Honda Accord EX with power door locks. Power everything **

Archived