first time accord owner(high milage)

patrick

Hey what’s up everyone? I jus made 20 years of age. I got a 1990 Accord EX, 4 door, 5 speed with 204236 miles on it. It runs strong and is a fun car to drive. The only thing that doesn't work is the cruise control feature. Is that something I should be worried about?? Also, if you guys can tell me what kinds of maintenance I should perform on the car and what types of problems I should look out for.

thanx

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look and see what your engine code is then I can tell you. Pop your hood, look at the engine block, on the left side their is a square shaped flat part with a combination of letters and numbers on it, thats your engine code.

F22A4

130hp@5200 142lb-ft@4000

F22A1

125hp@5200 137lb-ft@4000

F22A6

140hp@5600 142lb-ft@4500

I don't know jack about Blazers. If it has a stock V8 you might be able to win :crazy:

My friend beat a 00 Civic Si with I/H/E in his (now mine) 90 Accord automatic before the tranny took a crap. The video is pretty damn funny....

Patrick: I wish some rice boy would pull up to us

Me: yeah

---The Si pulls up and revs a little (ricer)

---Patrick rolls down his window and revs the completely stock Accord back at him

---The light changes to green, the Si hits VTEC

Me: where you at?

---we are a car length ahead of him by the next red light. If it was a full 1/4 mile, he would have got us by a car or two. He was in third and barely started catching up before we had to brake.

Patrick: I beat him

Me: laugh

Patrick: I beat his ass

Me: This video will be funny

---I cut the camera off

Patrick: Your parents will kill you for racing

Me: No, you can see the speedo in the vid and we weren't speeding or weaving through traffic, besides, you were driving

I'll stop there, my parents didn't care since we didn't break any laws (other than street racing which is illegal in any state even if you aren't speeding).

My cousin has a 1994 Chevy Blazer S10 and desperately wants a race against my 1990 accord ex.(F22A4 130hp) for money. I know it sounds stupid but should I?? Will I win??

i think there faster then old school accords, i hadda S10 blazer 4.3L V6 and i smoked a accord sedan :ninja:

Thanx for the advice!!

I got a problem with my manual transmision. Sometimes when I'm waiting by a stoplight I'll put the car in neutral, the light turns green, I step on th clutch and try to put it in 1st gear but it just won't go in first. I have to fight with it for a couple of seconds to get it in first. Is that sympthoms of my clutch going soon?? I don't know...

Look and see what your engine code is then I can tell you. Pop your hood, look at the engine block, on the left side their is a square shaped flat part with a combination of letters and numbers on it, thats your engine code.

F22A4

130hp@5200 142lb-ft@4000

F22A1

125hp@5200 137lb-ft@4000

F22A6

140hp@5600 142lb-ft@4500

Are these hp ratings the same for a 92' ex?

Archived