92-95 civic 6x9 speakers

EJ1 D16

I have a 92-95 civic

I know the rear deck doesn't have a place to put speakers unless you do some cutting and its meant for 6.5" speakers.

But my question is. Could i make it fit? Because the magnet isn't 6x9 obviously.. So maybe it would fit with long screws..

I really want to get some 4 way 6x9's heard a friends and the sound quality is amazing! (Not trying for bass just trying to get ride of the house speakers in my car they sound nice but take up a lot of space)

ive seen it done, however my self, I would just find a nice set of 6.5's so I dont need to cut sheetmetal on my car. (not that it has ever stopped me, the mad butcherer!!!!)

Couldn't you make 6x9's fit without cutting the metal by cutting just enough for the 6x9 to sit on carpet and then using long screws to make it fit. It seems like it could work. I just want a second opinion. If it came down to it and the only way i could make them fit was cutting metal thats no problem i just want to try not to if you know what i mean..

Archived