1989 Civic Hatch, need help.

Hi,

so my car will start it's a 89 civic with the 1.5L throttle body. The ECU is giving me code 1 (O2 sensor) and code 16 (fuel injector)

Ive read a lot on google and they say it's the main relay but i just bought a main relay because it wouldn't even start before.

when i put the new relay in it still wouldn't start so i took the injectors out and just tapped them a little with a screw driver put them back in and it started. but now when i give it gas it either stops at a certain RPM or wont rev at all and die.

I ran fuel injector cleaner threw it and it runs slightly better but still not drivable in town.

Could the O2 sensor cause this behavior? Any advice? I don't want to buy injectors if I dont have to, I've already put a lot of money into this car.

all right thanks man, right now i just have to injectors sitting in some injector cleaner, I just want to do anything i can before i spend more money.

so you're thinkin it's the injectors then?

haha ok I'll leave a reply let you know what happened ASAP, I just had to go out of town for the weekend with short notice so haven't been able to work on the car.

ok so i got some rebuilt fuel injectors, car still won't run seems like it's only getting worse....

and yeah DelSol it actually just started throwin blue smoke about a week ago. Pulled plugs out looks like there might be oil on the plugs, or the car is getting to much gas.

I've read on google that sometimes the ECU can malfunction and feed the car to much gas.

Any Ideas?

Car is fixed and running good, thank you Raley it did need injectors.

why it didn't run after the injectors.... Car was out of gas lol!

and thank you DelSolSweetie

Archived