Integra starts like a diesel

whobeyou

Ok so I did a bunch of searching and didn't really find anything. If there's anything out there like this, dont flame me too hard.

I have a 92 Teg LS 4door. Ever since I got the car, it's started fine with one exception. I have to wait till the check engine light turns off to actually start turning over the motor. If I dont, it'll start but sputter and die right away like it's not getting any gas. I know it's fuel related because i've replaced the intake and pretty much all the electrical. I haven't looked at my injectors, but i'm replacing them soon so if that's what that is, i'm not worried. It's really bad if I run the car, turn it off, then try and turn it on right away, even if I wait for the CEL to turn off, it will start 50% of the time. The car runs very strong when it starts, but I was just wondering if this is normal in Hondas? My buddy had a similar problem.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

fuel system, if the light stays on for more than 3 seconds odds are your pump is on its way out. When was the last time the fuel filter was changed? have you ever had the injectors cleaned?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of your replies!

If I just have to wait for the CEL I'm fine with living with that.

I am going to replace pretty much the entire fuel system soon so we'll see what happens with that.

Thanks again!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived