95 dx

blazeilly024

Lookin to buy a motor here shortly, was jus wonderin, out of all the upgrades availabe which motor would be the easiest to just drop in and go? Got bout 3500$ for a total budget. Just lookin for some opinions, any and all are welcome. Thanks.

That's it?!!! Wow that's nowhere near what I was expectin. I'm guessin that all the b-series would be considerably more difficult to install. I don't think I even want to attempt any of the 22's. Thanks guys, ima spend some time today researchin the d16z6 w/ the si tranny n cpu.

a z6 is a direct drop in, you will need the ecu, and you will need to run a vtec wire from the ecu to your engine bay, but thats it.

With a B you need linkage, axles, mounts, ecu, trans, motor, etc etc etc.

plus boost is addicting, its like fawking cocaine in a car.

I spent most of the day yesterday lookin at the d16z6. Just out of curiosity what all would be involved in swappin for the b18c gsr? I had a link saved, that I was gonna try to put up so I could show what I found but I'm not sure how to add it on here. I was lookin at hondamotorsonline.com. 94-97 b18c gsr.

Your a cool ass dude man, I greatly appreciate all your help, knowledge and willingness to do so. I can officially say, as honda fanatics and guru's go, your one of the best that I've ever come across.

Thanx a lot guys!

Well... they have alotta scca sponsored events here. I kinda been thinkin bout the road racin events, but that's a good way in the future. I dunno if the gas prices will even allow me to do such when I am ready. I got sooooooo much work to do to the car before I can even think about that. So for now, I'm jus gonna say drivin it bak and forth to work and maybe the strip on the weekends. I'm gonna say that it pretty much needs a full on restoration. My immediate plans include a motor swap, suspension, rims and tires. Id like to see between 3 and 4 to the wheels as long as my setup can handle it, gotta lot of research to do also tho. U guys are awesome in that aspect. Anytime I get on here its like openin a Honda encyclopedia, I still can't get over that. I wish you guys owned a shop around here so this would go twice as fast but it is what it is. Until then HONDAS GO HARD!!!

If you wanna do autox, go do it before you mod the car, once modded you are put in a class that you will get stomped in and it wont be fun. Thats my problem, and no autox stuff around here.

Dont give me and cmgogo more reasons.to open a shop... i promise the results would be scary....

Yea your right about that. Those guys take that sh#% seriously. That's just a reason for me to do it and even more motivation to become good at it. I have a couple of friends that race and they say that its probably the most fun you can have with your clothes on. The same principle for building and tuning. You guys take it to a science and then perfect it.

I can't wait for you guys to open up a shop. I'm. So tired of v8's

you keep sayin that raley. One day when i win the lottery im totaly opening a shop, and your bitch ass is going to work for me and shari will too BUAHAHAHAHAHA

oh okay, ill do the bitch work.

you could also do a b16a for your car too its not hard to do that swap but you will need the full swap and hmotors is who i got my motor and eveyting from there are great to work with and beening in socal is great bc im only about 2 hours away from them

you could also do a b16a for your car too its not hard to do that swap but you will need the full swap and hmotors is who i got my motor and eveyting from there are great to work with and beening in socal is great bc im only about 2 hours away from them

hey trae, if you dont mind me askin. in your opinion whats the difference between the b16 and the b18? well besides the obvious of corse. from what ive been readin and hearin, the b16 is a lil more torquey than the b18 but they say that the overall power of the b18 is still greater and also that it has a broader power band. if i could get your input and every body elses that would help me out in my quest for knowledge on the subject. i havent aquired a motor yet but i would like to be informed on the subject before i do so.

Archived