engine swap?

EJ1 D16

I'm still deciding what engine i want or if i even want to keep my civic or sell it and save for a 240/supra/300zx

Stock D16z6 EJ1 Coupe.

i have been thinking Ls engine swap (maybe vtec) or a d16z6.

I would like 250hp-350hp turbo in mind for both obviously :)!

Me and my friend can do all the work so just need price of parts not install!

How much would it cost to make a d16z6, 250+hp? 350hp max

How much would it cost to make an Ls 250+hp? 350hp max

Still thinking about other engine swaps like the Jdm b16a

I think the max i could spend on an engine swap would be $2500

Leaning toward the z6

If i did engine swap i would keep the z6 i have until i rebuild the new engine a bit.

The transmission i have in my z6 currently is crap.. I heard its like 600 for a new transmission..

thanks for reading my post and all your help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still deciding what engine i want or if i even want to keep my civic or sell it and save for a 240/supra/300zx

Stock D16z6 EJ1 Coupe.

i have been thinking Ls engine swap (maybe vtec) or a d16z6.

I would like 250hp-350hp turbo in mind for both obviously :)!

Me and my friend can do all the work so just need price of parts not install!

How much would it cost to make a d16z6, 250+hp? 350hp max

How much would it cost to make an Ls 250+hp? 350hp max

Still thinking about other engine swaps like the Jdm b16a

I think the max i could spend on an engine swap would be $2500

Leaning toward the z6

If i did engine swap i would keep the z6 i have until i rebuild the new engine a bit.

The transmission i have in my z6 currently is crap.. I heard its like 600 for a new transmission..

thanks for reading my post and all your help is appreciated.

You can't really think of it as a cost to reach a certain horsepower. I mean, yeah you can get a ballpark figure but that's all. Just for a decent engine, expect 400+ on price. As for horsepower. Remember your basics. Better head gasket, ARP studs to hold the crap together, add a nice turbo, and go to town. The VTEC motors will help you squeeze out a bit more power. Also, remember. You need a clutch to hold it all together. Honestly, with an engine swap, you're going to come very close to $2500.

im in close to 1.8g on my vitara build, it should safely net around 350-375 at the wheels, if I wanted to push it, im sure I could go 400-450, however it will be a DD, all I have left really is the cost to tune.

im in close to 1.8g on my vitara build, it should safely net around 350-375 at the wheels, if I wanted to push it, im sure I could go 400-450, however it will be a DD, all I have left really is the cost to tune.

Sound sick. i'm looking to safely get about 300-350 and for only 1.8g 350-375 is great and for a DD thats what i need ha. I have the money and i have a friend who has been a mechanic for most of his life that will help me do everything and teach me as we do it. I just need to figure out what all i need and get it. also what do you suggest for suspension. A friend told me to get coilovers control arms and a chamber kit. but i don't really like how coilovers ride(a bit to bouncy).

All these questions might help EJ1 D16 too because it sounds like he wants this too..

and your a cocksmoker who loves to gobble on my nuts, whats your point

(PS dont fawk with my peeps)

No i'm not but i bet you would like that wouldn't you f*g. Ha its sad that your talking crap over a forum. Sticking up for someone you probably don't even know in person. ha get some real friends! and hope you blow your engine you pce of sht.

actually i do know raley, personally, as well as a few other members here (yes met in person, raley and shari actually spent a few days @ my place, another member here is my neighbor) And you bet id love it if you gobbled my nuts, rumor has it that you got your skills from your mom... and ive only heard great things about the gummies she gives ;)

actually i do know raley, personally, as well as a few other members here (yes met in person, raley and shari actually spent a few days @ my place, another member here is my neighbor) And you bet id love it if you gobbled my nuts, rumor has it that you got your skills from your mom... and ive only heard great things about the gummies she gives ;)

ok now your just a fracking creep.. is all you can talk about is dicks and nuts your a homo end of story.. Get some Puss f*g.

HondaForums is a place where you should be able to ask for advice from people and not talk crap.. i'll just join a dif forum other people wont be gay like you and your butt buddy friends..

Now that makes me want to keep my z6!

what turbo are you using?

Archived