civic hatchback tires rubbing

bosoxfan1

so the previous owner (unknown) of my 05 civic si hatch slammed the car so low there is only like a quarter inch between tire and frame anything i can do to prevent rubbing and squeeking of the springs. i have to do literally like 1 mph over speed bumps to nor hit anything. it kinda sucks since my office has like 15 speed bumps until you get to the parking lot. anyway suggestions are helpful thanks!!

Is the car lowered on springs or coilovers?

You could look into rolling the fenders.

i have to look honestly with the stock rims they have on you cant tell by the sounds and feel of it i think its springs.

no, it's part of the deal. rolling them is a waste imo.

non destructive: you have to adjust the coils, get new springs, adjust your camber further to the negative or use smaller wheels/tires.

no, it's part of the deal. rolling them is a waste imo.

non destructive: you have to adjust the coils, get new springs, adjust your camber further to the negative or use smaller wheels/tires.

im definitely looking into it further this weekend as in removing my wheels and checking out whats going on!!! id rather not roll my fenders personally plus i dont think a bat would fit in there lol

negative camber isnt going to help, hes running to wide of a tire, and if he offests camber anymore he will be rubbing in the wheel wells. one option is to run a lower profile tire, or you can always get the right sized wheel and tire for your car, or even better yet, invest in a decent suspension AND the right sized wheel and tire.

with 0 camber i rub the fender lip badly, with a generous amount of negative camber the tire is tucked, i retained my full range without rubbing when cornering at any speed. obviously not the solution for everyone, but it worked for me for now.

So my question is, what is the point of riding that low? I cant possibly see a reason why you would want to sacrifice handling, stability, braking distance, and acceleration just to ride that low. Seems pointless.

So my question is, what is the point of riding that low? I cant possibly see a reason why you would want to sacrifice handling, stability, braking distance, and acceleration just to ride that low. Seems pointless.

i agree completly like ive said in previous posts ive had the car for only about 3 weeks now and there were a ton of mods already done to it. i mostly notice it on dips and SPEEDBUMPS since i have to do like 0 mph over them lol. im looking forward to getting under there this weekend though to check it out since finally one weekend my fiance doesnt have me doing something. and i have a nice parking garage in my apt to work inside haha

??

Car handles great, brakes on a dime and was ridiculously slow to begin with, so to lose acceleration would imply that there was some to begin with. At the moment I can not drive over a speed bump at all. Funny thing is that it isn't nearly as low as the coils will adjust. It was the default setting and I kind of liked it. Since it's not a daily it hasn't been a problem. If I drove the car every day I certainly would raise it.

??

Car handles great, brakes on a dime and was ridiculously slow to begin with, so to lose acceleration would imply that there was some to begin with. At the moment I can not drive over a speed bump at all. Funny thing is that it isn't nearly as low as the coils will adjust. It was the default setting and I kind of liked it. Since it's not a daily it hasn't been a problem. If I drove the car every day I certainly would raise it.

how much room do you have between the tires and the frame?

when you set an excessive amount of -camber you loose alot of your contact patch with the road, when you do that you loose grip, and grip is the largest factor when it comes to changing the direction and speed of the car.

when you set an excessive amount of -camber you loose alot of your contact patch with the road, when you do that you loose grip, and grip is the largest factor when it comes to changing the direction and speed of the car.

definitely trying to keep as much grip as possible especially since i live in a snowy area and we arent moving to the south for another 2 years unfortunately =(

The entire contact patch of the tire is firmly seated to the road surface.

The inside of the wheel well is rather tall. under no load conditions have I ever bottomed out in the wheel well, on the fender or against the suspension/steering components.

Cory, I will post some pictures later so you can see closer up what my setup looks like. I understand where you are coming from but without seeing it it is difficult for me to describe it to you. I assure you, no tire grip is lost due to my configuration. My car is entirely function over form and the arrangement is not for looks.

I was just worried you were going the whole gay as hell "hella flush" trend. Everytime i see a car like that I want to rip the driver out of their car and bludgeon their face with a brick untill i can see pavement through the back of their head.

005.JPG

^^^ That guy is RETARDED

Archived