1995 honda del sol vtech sohc or dohc

salmon2day

I have a 1995 Honda Del sol SI the valve cover says Honda Vtec. The trunk lid says Dohc Vtec.

Did they make some Del sols in 1995 that are dohc but not write dohc on the valve cover??

My car fax showed no accidents etc and all checked out. Now that Im selling it some people say it is not a Dohc, and that my vin number does not match the dohc cars.

Im just curious if the engine was swapped or if they just put a decal on the back.

I have a 1995 Honda Del sol SI the valve cover says Honda Vtec. The trunk lid says Dohc Vtec.

Did they make some Del sols in 1995 that are dohc but not write dohc on the valve cover??

My car fax showed no accidents etc and all checked out. Now that Im selling it some people say it is not a Dohc, and that my vin number does not match the dohc cars.

Im just curious if the engine was swapped or if they just put a decal on the back.

Two things you need to check. The VIN# will tell you what engine originally came with the car.

You state it is an "Si". The Si came with SOHC and the VIN will have EH6 in the number.

Second, you can actually check the engine itself to see if it has one or two cams. There are plenty of pictures

on HF depicting both types. The valve covers look completely different.

easy to tell, compare the valve covers. DOHC has a much wider cover. The colors and inscriptions varied from model to model and year to year, so don't worry if my pictures look a little different. You are just comparing the shape.

DOHC

b16sir2chgovr.jpg

SOHC

d15b.jpg

easy to tell, compare the valve covers. DOHC has a much wider cover. The colors and inscriptions varied from model to model and year to year, so don't worry if my pictures look a little different. You are just comparing the shape.

DOHC

b16sir2chgovr.jpg

SOHC

d15b.jpg

VIN: jhmeh6167ss001821 My vin number has ehs in it but the valve cover is that of a sohc. Does that mean its not the original engine?

Archived