air in take

Jaysta-rex

facepalm_implied.jpg

First: You do not get 250-350 "MPGS" MPG stands for MILES PER GALLON, not MILES PER TANK.

Second: Anytime you introduce more air into a motor the ecu counteracts the addition of air by adding fuel in order to keep the A/F mixture stoich thus preventing a lean burn (detonation, preignition). This can either be effected by the volume of air (throttle body position) or the temperature of the air (intake placement)

Thirdly: You are probably driving more aggressive to please your buttdyno since you put the intake on.

If you want better mileage, use a warm intake charge (behind radiator, near exhaust manifold, behind the engine under the intake runners) reduce the diameter of the intake piping, run the motor warmer, and the best advice is to drive conservatively. My last del Sol averaged about 55-60MPG (sometimes i could push 65MPG if it was all highway miles). I accomplished this by running LRR tires, ran a radiator block, changed out to a warmer t-stat, routing the incoming air from behind the exh mani heat shield, reduced the intake diameter to 1 3/4 inch ID, and hypermiled the car.

granted, my civic is a 1.5l non-vtec and not the high power beast yours is, but i routinely flog the piss out of it every time I drive it and I have yet to record a mileage rating below 36mpg. If I am a little nicer to her and the weather is favorable I see 38's and even 40 on occasion.

hell, my ram must get better mileage then his civic since i get 600 miles to a tank.

My friend's big rig gets better mileage than all you bastards. 1,200 miles a tank baby!

How on earth am I getting such low milage. I don't boost it that much! Only like 2 mins of vtec loveliness on the way home from work... hmm.

Dude, get that checked out! You should be getting 300+ out of that del sol of yours...

granted, my civic is a 1.5l non-vtec and not the high power beast yours is, but i routinely flog the piss out of it every time I drive it and I have yet to record a mileage rating below 36mpg. If I am a little nicer to her and the weather is favorable I see 38's and even 40 on occasion.

Same deal with my 1.5L del sol. Average 38 MPG with rather conservative driving and 60/40 highway/city.

80/20 at 70mph and I'm getting 42, makes me wanna take a road trip or something, lol.

first issue, ditch the heavy rolling steel. that change alone factored 3-4mpg to the negative on the sol (from 13's to 15's) and when i took off the blades on the sedan in favor of the 14" del sol si rims the sedan gained a solid 2mpg.

facepalm_implied.jpg

First: You do not get 250-350 "MPGS" MPG stands for MILES PER GALLON, not MILES PER TANK.

Second: Anytime you introduce more air into a motor the ecu counteracts the addition of air by adding fuel in order to keep the A/F mixture stoich thus preventing a lean burn (detonation, preignition). This can either be effected by the volume of air (throttle body position) or the temperature of the air (intake placement)

Thirdly: You are probably driving more aggressive to please your buttdyno since you put the intake on.

If you want better mileage, use a warm intake charge (behind radiator, near exhaust manifold, behind the engine under the intake runners) reduce the diameter of the intake piping, run the motor warmer, and the best advice is to drive conservatively. My last del Sol averaged about 55-60MPG (sometimes i could push 65MPG if it was all highway miles). I accomplished this by running LRR tires, ran a radiator block, changed out to a warmer t-stat, routing the incoming air from behind the exh mani heat shield, reduced the intake diameter to 1 3/4 inch ID, and hypermiled the car.

Lol yeah I ment on a full tank not mpgs!!! And yeah man I do be drivin a lil more agressivly too now...and thanks for the info man

Archived