Firestone Vs Dealer-Can i sue

Sreekanthsk

Hi Guys,

I recently got my brakes checked from Firestone and they came up with a hugel list of things

- Brake shoe change

- Rear wheel cylinder replacement as the fluid was leaking.

The quote for the above was around 565 bucks +Labor.

I was not sure to get that done so i went to a honda dealer here and he inspected and said there is no problem what so ever also mentioned firestone folks always are that way.

Honda has some service folks who work on commission and the rep said they would have definitely caught this anyways if such was the case....

What if i got it done at Firestone---would that not be a sheer case of cheating and fraud for getting something purposely without really requiring it.

Can we tolerate such kind of straight cut illegal activity.

Can i sue Firestone for this--- what do i do...i am in a fix and not sure whats up with my brakes and whom to believe...

I'd get another reputable place to take a look, with a decent qualified mechanic who doesn't work on commission, and whom also isn't paid by Honda.

I already spent like 50 bucks to check up with these guys....

Do you think its worthwhile to go to JUSTBRAKES.

For gods sake why would you want to sue someplace? Everyone is looking for ways to jew someone out of their money for doing nothing. And you call Firestone a bunch of cheating liars?

If the crap isn't outright broke then just about everything someone will tell you is wrong is just an opinion. You say it does this, they look at it and say this is likely what will fix it. They gave you a price based on what you said and what they saw. It's not rocket science and they are a for-profit business. It is their job to sell you stuff. If you say it isn't working like so; they tell you what parts should make it stop doing whatever the hell you told them it was doing.

Just go to a couple other places and get quotes. Compare the quotes and spend the money. End of story.

Archived