Transmission swap problem

xxskitsxx

so i completed my transmission swap on my 2000 acura integra ls b18b1 automatic and the tranny would let me idle back and fourth in reverse and drive so i turned it off got a shower and went to get gas pulled off and blam! weird noises sounded like a blender but not so much as a grind more of a slip like the axle is slipping or something any help would be great i have no wheels now and i love my teggy i have not done anything since then besides turn her on and let her idle she idles fine even sometimes idles forward but once i give it even gas it makes crazy noises almost feels like its under my left foot which is weird because the tranny is on my right while i sit in the car somoene told me it could be my axle i dont know any help would be great.

so i completed my transmission swap on my 2000 acura integra ls b18b1 automatic and the tranny would let me idle back and fourth in reverse and drive so i turned it off got a shower and went to get gas pulled off and blam! weird noises sounded like a blender but not so much as a grind more of a slip like the axle is slipping or something any help would be great i have no wheels now and i love my teggy i have not done anything since then besides turn her on and let her idle she idles fine even sometimes idles forward but once i give it even gas it makes crazy noises almost feels like its under my left foot which is weird because the tranny is on my right while i sit in the car somoene told me it could be my axle i dont know any help would be great.

Does it do it in all gears or just one?

First thought is you didn't get the axles installed properly and they are just barely making contact. As soon as you put any force on it the splines are coming apart and slipping. if it is your driver side shaft that is slipping the entire shaft would be resonating with the sound which would explain why it sounds like it's coming from under your feet.

Check that first.

First thought is you didn't get the axles installed properly and they are just barely making contact. As soon as you put any force on it the splines are coming apart and slipping. if it is your driver side shaft that is slipping the entire shaft would be resonating with the sound which would explain why it sounds like it's coming from under your feet.

Check that first.

thanks man i shall try to re align them

a visual inspection will tell if they are seated right as well. when looking at the point where the shaft and the transfer case meet the gap between the two components should not be more then an 1/8-1/4 spacing. they usually don't sit entirely flush, just very close.

much less common: there is this screwy little snap ring spring on the middle of the splines that locks into a groove in the transfer case. if that was missing, damaged or out of place the shaft won't seat in either. It is not unheard of for it to come off during disassembly and be left inside the case and prevent the (new) shaft from being seated all the way. If you were reusing shafts from the same motor and you are positive the rings were still in place after disassembly then I wouldn't worry about this being the issue.

a visual inspection will tell if they are seated right as well. when looking at the point where the shaft and the transfer case meet the gap between the two components should not be more then an 1/8-1/4 spacing. they usually don't sit entirely flush, just very close.

much less common: there is this screwy little snap ring spring on the middle of the splines that locks into a groove in the transfer case. if that was missing, damaged or out of place the shaft won't seat in either. It is not unheard of for it to come off during disassembly and be left inside the case and prevent the (new) shaft from being seated all the way. If you were reusing shafts from the same motor and you are positive the rings were still in place after disassembly then I wouldn't worry about this being the issue.

DUDE! i really think it is that ring thinggy your talking about i used the same axles that i had in the old tranny and dont recall seeing any ring thinggy when i popped them out of the old tranny. the problem is someone scapped my old transmission on me .. and dont know where to get a new ring any ideas?!

DUDE! i really think it is that ring thinggy your talking about i used the same axles that i had in the old tranny and dont recall seeing any ring thinggy when i popped them out of the old tranny. the problem is someone scapped my old transmission on me .. and dont know where to get a new ring any ideas?!

just pic up a new set of cvs and hope you didn't screw the splines up to bad...you'll know when you pull them out

^ this. I have no idea if you can buy the ring separately. Best place to ask would be the dealership. Couldn't be more then a few dollars for something that small.

• 4 weeks later...

ive tryed alot of advice from you all and i cant get it to work. its been over a month now and the person that was helping me is no longer available and i dont know all that much plus dont have the tools to jack out the trannny. i am finally giving in, and it is about to be sent to an Aamco Transmission service center to have a free inspection i really hope its a minor problem and it doesnt hurt my pocket that much. i will post up more once i send it there and they tell me whats wrong. if anyone could reply back when i state what .... "they say is wrong" ..... and give me advice if that sounds rite or if they are trying to dig in my pockets that would be greatly appreciated post on a reply if you will help me i will check this again later today and tomorrow and thanks again everyone for you help.

just pic up a new set of cvs and hope you didn't screw the splines up to bad...you'll know when you pull them out

what is a CVS set? im kinda a newb with this i know main parts like headers, exhaust, catty, distrib, intake manifold ect.

what is a CVS set? im kinda a newb with this i know main parts like headers, exhaust, catty, distrib, intake manifold ect.

unless you ment cv joint but i think they are fine the ridges are still intact on it

the term cvs, cv's, half shafts, axles are all kind of used interchangeably (albeit those are not all the correct terms) for your cv shaft assembly.

let us know what they say.

I actually dont know if i can even get the car to aamco this week even after i called them and set it up. im am currently fighting in court for the 7 tickets i got driving that bad girl but i should make it out fine.. ill post up when i have sent her in to aamco and what they "say" and compare it to what you all think if you could compare for me because i dont always trust the pros if you know what i mean you are all probably better help and thanks to all that helped.alot of thanks to Xeryon. illl will update this in a couple days

I didnt get it to the tranny place yet dont have the money now just had to restore my Ls. i heard it could be my torque converter when i put the new tranny on i didnt really fasten the torque converter down to the tranny i just set it onto the engine spline and set the tranny into place someone told me i should have fastened it onto the new tranny till it clicked when i tryed it didnt seem like it clicked tho

yeah, but the crapty thing is tho, is if you didnt attach the torque converter properly, chances are, its now fused to the trany, and youre gunna need a new trans & TC

happened to my buddy anyways with his exploder, but that just might be a ford thing.

yeah, but the crapty thing is tho, is if you didnt attach the torque converter properly, chances are, its now fused to the trany, and youre gunna need a new trans & TC

happened to my buddy anyways with his exploder, but that just might be a ford thing.

i havent forced the car to move once its in gear it just made a weird noise and i cut the engine it goes into gear and idles but once i give it pressure on the gas it makes a weird noise and i only did that once so i think the TC and Tranny should still be good im going to take it to a tranny place soon to have it looked at still worken with the NJ MVC cuz they suspended my Ls on some BS cuz i made a payment late i need to restore it then i can take the car to a cottman or a AAMCO Transmission.

• 3 weeks later...

So i finally sent the integra to an aamco transmission and they called me back saying that the speedometer was reading speeds while the car didn't move they said it is either my axles or my final gear ratio or something, they said they will call me in a day or 2 with what the real problem is ill post it on here when i find out.

• 3 months later...

I got the car back from aamco and the tranny shifts fine but when first put into gear it has a little thump nothing to worry about they said but it doesnt seem to be a problem. I do have another problem now the front right control arm is messed up or something the car shakes when u start to speed up. i sent the car back and they replaced the main bushing for my front drivers side control arm it reduced the shakes a lot i'd say about 6x less shakiness but it still shakes i think i need the second bushing on that arm replaced since it cant be my right control arm considering the fact that i had it totally replaced last year. some people are saying my shocks/struts but i dont think they would make the car shake it just seems lie the front left wheel is shaky

"shot" isn't a diagnosis, it's a random guess. ask them tell you whats wrong specifically.

they said the gears were bad and the shaft fork or something like that and they said i needed a new TC which i think i didnt since i had 2 of them and they both looked pretty good inside and out

i considered taking the Control arm off myself and taking it to a shop nearby to have them insert the bushing but im not so sure if doing it myself would be such a good idea since i dont the equipment to do an alignment

Archived