back from the middle east

hiemsnox

Just letting everyone know that i just recently got back form the middle east 2 days ago.

it was an amazing trip, i got to see alot and really just live in the city of Amman for a month.

I have a ton of pictures but not sure how i want to show them yet, i could just link my facebook maybe.

eitherway, if anyone has any questions about the middle east or my time there, im more than happy to talk about it

Did you see any of them make it rain on the infidels?

2h4jr74.jpg

Amman is in Jordan or as they say it Urdun (roll the "r'") Al hamdullilah. The are "friendly" to the U.S. and especially with young King Abdullah in power. They are our friends in the sense that we protect them from Syria. In short they want peace with the U.S. and Israel so you should not see any raining on infidels be they muslim or Christian infidels in Jordan but their neighbors would like Abdullah killed as well as the millions of Palestinians or as they say Falistini that live in Jordan who cannot seem to understand why Abdullah would want to maintain peace with Israel...dumb falastini.

Mtarjiim Ameerkiyye (transliteration meaning - American translator)

(transliteration is writing Arabic or any language that does not use Roman letters in English script since some of you probably couldn't read it in Arabic script)

Amman is in Jordan or as they say it Urdun (roll the "r'") Al hamdullilah. The are "friendly" to the U.S. and especially with young King Abdullah in power. They are our friends in the sense that we protect them from Syria. In short they want peace with the U.S. and Israel so you should not see any raining on infidels be they muslim or Christian infidels in Jordan but their neighbors would like Abdullah killed as well as the millions of Palestinians or as they say Falistini that live in Jordan who cannot seem to understand why Abdullah would want to maintain peace with Israel...dumb falastini.

Mtarjiim Ameerkiyye (transliteration meaning - American translator)

(transliteration is writing Arabic or any language that does not use Roman letters in English script since some of you probably couldn't read it in Arabic script)

I must say you know a pretty good amount. and its is very correct about them being friendly. I really ran onto no issues while i was there. and as far as the "raining" you really only see that at arabic weddings... but its real haha...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photos.php?id=581984815

the top 4 albums are from my trip... sorry i dont have pics from the Dead Sea.. my camera was stolen there. soo ya....

it was a 1 dollar = .7 dinar when i was there

and for the most part everything was fairly cheap there.. but i was told stories about some of the wedding when those were 50 and 100 dinar bills... they seriously spend a ton on weddings there.

I must say you know a pretty good amount. and its is very correct about them being friendly. I really ran onto no issues while i was there. and as far as the "raining" you really only see that at arabic weddings... but its real haha...

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photos.php?id=581984815

the top 4 albums are from my trip... sorry i dont have pics from the Dead Sea.. my camera was stolen there. soo ya....

Sorry, I was coming from a militaristic POV..."raining" in my world would be ordinance dropped on infidels no matter which side of the Q'ran or Bible. When I opened it I did not see the custom being practiced, that portion of the post was not functioning.

I love Jordan,Lubnan(Lebanon) Kuwait, the UAE and Israel. Yemen, Syria, Saudia and the rest they can keep those litter boxes. I am a translator among other things and it is interesting how we managed to change the names of countries and cities to suit us. e.g. : Tripoli in Lebanon is Tarrabluus fi Lubnan..Cairo is l' quahirrah but I like the words Middle East in our language they call L' sharq wu awusat of course there are some words especially the velarized and glottal stops that most Americans cannot even pronounce without a lot of practice. Like for them many in the middle east cannot pronouce our "P" sound. They say the "B" sound instead. I like hearing the concierge saying, "Meesterrr Botterrr herrre arrre yourrr bants from laundrry..always rolling the "R"s.

Archived