Headlights?

MChester

I am looking for a nice set of one piece headlights for the Sol. What are your opinions of those available on Ebay or other online shops? Anyone have any bad experience with any of them quality or fittment wise? Probably looking at the more understated black housing style, but I might be convinced by some good photos. laugh.gif

I think for $100 these are the best headlights you can buy. Output is better than my old oem fluted lights, fitment is very good, haven't had any issues since installing them half a year ago or so. Very pleased overall and I was lucky that some of the other members of the forum tried them already and steered me in the right direction ; )

small3.jpg

small4.jpg

small2.jpg

The del sol one piecers are pretty nice. At the time I bought mine the amber corner units were nowhere to be found though. Fitment was good and output was as good as the fogged up oems. The beam direction wasn't great though as the diamond refraction type tends to shoot a lot of light out into space.

x255.jpg?t=1283523334

I think for $100 these are the best headlights you can buy. Output is better than my old oem fluted lights, fitment is very good, haven't had any issues since installing them half a year ago or so. Very pleased overall and I was lucky that some of the other members of the forum tried them already and steered me in the right direction ; )

Cool, thanks for the info. I ordered a set this morning. Of course, mines a 97 so no aux lights for me, but the headlights will look great.

stevo, your sol is sexy! I wanna get a set of them for my sol, they're always like £160+ on ebay over here though.

On my time on here, I haven't heard any bad reviews about ebay front lights. I'd say it's no different than going to an online car mods shop to get them, they're all gonna come from the same manufacturer I imagine.

Thanks man, that sucks that you have to pay an arm and a leg for these though = (. At least you have access to cheaper EDM stuff?

And you're right about these being manufactured the same.

Cool, thanks for the info. I ordered a set this morning. Of course, mines a 97 so no aux lights for me, but the headlights will look great.

Great, you get to spend less money for a better looking front end, so sorry for you... :mad2:, lol

^^ Smileys added to post to show sarcasm, lol.

I think the most I'd be willing to pay for JDM lenses is $250...

The BEST JDMs I could find were well used a still $250 via Craigslist. Somebody bought them, but it weren't me...laugh.gif

yea they're pricey but id much rather have the jdm headlights than the egay ones.. just my preferance.. plus hardly anybody has them and EVERYONE has the egay ones.. i say stock or jdm, they look the best IMHO :)

Yes, but I enjoy pointing out that someone is using language incorrectly. Similar to making fun of people that say they are going to use the "ATM Machine". I am a jerk like that I guess.

In any case, have you made a decision on what you are going to purchase?

I understand completely. I fight the urge to correct folks every single time I read or hear "VIN Number"... For God's Sake, it's redundant, don't people get that? LOL laugh.gif

I have indeed ordered a set. I'll post up when they are installed. I'm in the process of doing an allover repaint but I am on my brother's schedule so it could take a while. I'll install the new lamps when it's time to reassemble after painting.

Right now I am looking for a nice, deep, pearl teal/dark green that would look OK without repainting the jambs/under hood/trunk areas. If anyone has suggestions, I'm open to them as always. House of Kolor has some real nice shades, but they are a bit pricy. Maybe my contact at PPG can get close to one of these options. I'm leaning toward the 2nd and 4th. We'll see.

1997DelSolColorChoices.jpg

so who is doing your paint and body work? the next project for my car, as soon as i get off my rear and get motivated again, is repairing my quarters and a few other minor things and getting a fresh spray. Really don't know of anyone in the area that does reasonable quality side work. The one place I talked to the guy he actually refused to work on it complaining that the paint was worth more then the car (he was an old dog and no lover of small imports for sure). Tells me to come back after I hit a deer when going 110 and if I was still walking upright he would repaint it as part of the insurance repair.

There is an inordinate amount of hostility toward any driver of a non-stock, non-domestic vehicle in our area - even with honda in our backyard.

so who is doing your paint and body work? the next project for my car, as soon as i get off my rear and get motivated again, is repairing my quarters and a few other minor things and getting a fresh spray. Really don't know of anyone in the area that does reasonable quality side work. The one place I talked to the guy he actually refused to work on it complaining that the paint was worth more then the car (he was an old dog and no lover of small imports for sure). Tells me to come back after I hit a deer when going 110 and if I was still walking upright he would repaint it as part of the insurance repair.

There is an inordinate amount of hostility toward any driver of a non-stock, non-domestic vehicle in our area - even with honda in our backyard.

WOW! I've never experinced that kind of ignorance at a body shop around Marysville, but that may be due, as you mentioned, to Honda being here and the areas biggest employer by far.

My insurance adjuster actually did a great job taking the overall condition of the car and its growing status as a collector/cult car when he determined the value and whether or not my claim constituted a "TOTAL". He assigned a value to my car of over $6000 based on those factors above plus NADA listings. I was happy with that.

My brother works for a major collision repair shop in Columbus and he is the one that will be doing my job. He can get a "family" discount as long as he works on the car during "off" hours. The shop still get's a cut, but it's not as bad as if I walked in off the street. And he does fine work. He's painted all my stuff for the last 20 years. I keep trying to get him to set up a home shop, but he honestly doesn't want to work all day on this stuff, then spend every evening doing the same. Can't blame him there, but the $ would be great I'd think.

jdm headlights are stock. wacko.gif

OEM stock sh!t brain, lol

True, however, you did know what he meant... wacko.gif

this is true, lol

ive seen them for $150. look better than ebay ones too.

where at adam?!? i might pick some up if i can find them for that price

Archived