Fuel Pump??

badbash27

Hey guys, I have a 93' del sol SI. It has been sitting a few months now in my garage on stands as I have been doing major tear down in my efforts to return the exterior to complete oem stock. The car, in the time it has been sitting has gotten a new exhaust ( headers down to the cat, still saving for the cat back ) a new rad & hoses, new front end calipers, pads, rotors and SS lines, and so on. Anyways, getting to the point, today for the first time in several months I attempted to start it, and the damn thing would just not start. At first I thought it was the fuel filter getting primed because I replaced the fuel filter. But after several tries, I finally gave up, and am starting to think that it is the fuel pump. I cannot hear it engage, and though usually that is a pretty good sign, I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this problem. It confuses me though because the car ran just fine when I parked it, and it hasn't been run in the mean time. If anyone has any information, I would much appreciate it. Thanks to everyone who posts!

Hey guys, I have a 93' del sol SI. It has been sitting a few months now in my garage on stands as I have been doing major tear down in my efforts to return the exterior to complete oem stock. The car, in the time it has been sitting has gotten a new exhaust ( headers down to the cat, still saving for the cat back ) a new rad & hoses, new front end calipers, pads, rotors and SS lines, and so on. Anyways, getting to the point, today for the first time in several months I attempted to start it, and the damn thing would just not start. At first I thought it was the fuel filter getting primed because I replaced the fuel filter. But after several tries, I finally gave up, and am starting to think that it is the fuel pump. I cannot hear it engage, and though usually that is a pretty good sign, I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this problem. It confuses me though because the car ran just fine when I parked it, and it hasn't been run in the mean time. If anyone has any information, I would much appreciate it. Thanks to everyone who posts!

disconnect the line from the fuel rail and have someone turn the car on but not start it. if gas comes out its not the fuel pump. let us know how it goes

Ill check the fuel rail, see how that goes. I lean away from bad gas just based on the fact that the car wont even cough. And the exhaust doesn't smell of gas. Thanks for the advice though guys!

Alright, so the fuel pump deff does not start.. however.. it is because it isn't getting any power when the car is turned to ON. After I found that.. I checked the main relay.. ( solder points ) which all seem to be in good condition.. every fuse is good.. sooo.. help?

Archived