Here is My Honda Rocket

MattTexas

i'm thinking it was probably bmw or mercedes that put the 5-speed automatin into production first. of course now a bunch of them have it. and i think...think...that ford came up with a 6-speed automatic for one of their concept trucks. read it in a magazine a long time ago, so i dont' really remember.

buddysol...you're usually good with this stuff.

Haha. Let's take a crack at this. I know that BMW offered the first production 6 speed automatic transmission in their 7-series. And Mercedes Benz is bringing out the first production 7 speed auto tranny. Honda, is trying to build the world's first 8 speed automatic as we speak. As for the 5 speed auto: the Mitsubishi FTO offered the first 5 speed for an FF car in like 1996. The 5 speed auto was developed in the late 80s. I have no clue who introduced it first tho, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in a luxo make. Ford was the first of the domestics to use a 5 speed automatic...

EDIT: Found a tidbit about Nissan beating Mercedes to market on the 5 speed auto in 1989.

Dear Users.

Yeah i fracked up the 5 speed transmission is only in the standard gear box my automatic got a 4 speed with overdrive (basically 5 speed total) but ya know crap happends everyone could be wrong..Well i found a body kit for the car its kinda weak but there is a place in houston i can have one made to my specifications (a lil bondo and alot of paint goes along way) LOL...I Had seen a honda accord on here same year model as mines where i wanted the body kit on it since it was pretty tight but i know it was pre fabricated like body shop material so if yall know any other places that has body kits for 1988 honda accord Lxi's let me know matt24tx@hotmail.com...

• 3 weeks later...

i Checked out That Body Kit on That Website You Posted Here its pretty sweet but it got a nice price tag to go with it i will prolly get the exaust stuff and well air intake stuff for the car ....i like the style of the body kit on a honda accord lxi 1988 since it looks pretty slick and A i wont have one to make my car feel good or make myself feel good i will have it on my car just because i want it and well i will get it...

My Buisness Website

Archived