Engine Swap Question... Please help?

2LTBaca

So I will be dropping a B16 into my CRX here soon. I found this great place called Hmotorsonline (I'm sure you all already know about it), and I was wondering if it was worth it to get this package:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30005

It seems like a good deal, but I am not sure if all of that stuff will go onto the REX. Or should I get something like this:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30004

Which is only a bit cheaper but does not include the axles and other things. I want to make it as nice as possible and dont mind spending extra money on this (One of the perks of making that officer money in the Army). I just want to make sure it is worth it to buy or will I have unusable stuff. Hope this all makes sense (I can ramble quite a bit).

Thanks ahead of time.

So I will be dropping a B16 into my CRX here soon. I found this great place called Hmotorsonline (I'm sure you all already know about it), and I was wondering if it was worth it to get this package:

http://www.hmotorson...page&item=30005

It seems like a good deal, but I am not sure if all of that stuff will go onto the REX. Or should I get something like this:

http://www.hmotorson...page&item=30004

Which is only a bit cheaper but does not include the axles and other things. I want to make it as nice as possible and dont mind spending extra money on this (One of the perks of making that officer money in the Army). I just want to make sure it is worth it to buy or will I have unusable stuff. Hope this all makes sense (I can ramble quite a bit).

Thanks ahead of time.

Well you will need B-series axles, but those you can get local, and be new. Some like to cheap out and put used axles in, I just choose not to. Especially since I can get most of my new stuff local and cheaper alot of the times than used by the time you add shipping.

So does the bigger package seem like the best way to go? Or should I get the smaller and try to find new axles?

Bigger kit looks nice, but keep in mind you will either have to do a cable to hydrolic conversion kit, or have to find a cable tranny. Then there is the matter of motor and tranny mounts.

Sweet. Thanks. Good to know. My plan is to get it all together and then use my mechanic who has done a number of swaps to do it all at once. I appreciate the help.

If you notice at the bottom:

* Please Note: We now offer the Hasport Hydraulic tranny to cable car conversion kit for $400. Also available is the Hasport High Horsepower upgraded motor mount kit for $300.

Sweet. Thanks. Good to know. My plan is to get it all together and then use my mechanic who has done a number of swaps to do it all at once. I appreciate the help.

Notice at the bottom:

* Please Note: We now offer the Hasport Hydraulic tranny to cable car conversion kit for $400. Also available is the Hasport High Horsepower upgraded motor mount kit for $300.

Notice at the bottom:

Its a shame you are not a Sol guy! B swaps are soooooo easy, and you can buy stock mounts for cheap for them, and would not need a conversion for clutch, or find a cable trans!:D

Its a shame you are not a Sol guy! B swaps are soooooo easy, and you can buy stock mounts for cheap for them, and would not need a conversion for clutch, or find a cable trans!:D

The Del Sol is cool... But I love the CRX. So, I actually think this will be what i go for:

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30006

Its mos def more pricey, but oh so sexy. Now, before I go forward, this will fit in a 1990CRX HF, right? Now I know I need the trans convo and the mounts, but - and this is probably a dumb question - is the clutch conversion you mention something else entirely, or is that the same as the transmission conversion? Can you help with knowledge regarding what all extra I will need that is not included in this package? Thanks!

The Del Sol is cool... But I love the CRX. So, I actually think this will be what i go for:

http://www.hmotorson...page&item=30006

Its mos def more pricey, but oh so sexy. Now, before I go forward, this will fit in a 1990CRX HF, right? Now I know I need the trans convo and the mounts, but - and this is probably a dumb question - is the clutch conversion you mention something else entirely, or is that the same as the transmission conversion? Can you help with knowledge regarding what all extra I will need that is not included in this package? Thanks!

Honestly I would troll Craigslist and find a whole car!! Would be WAY cheaper, really. I f you manage to get lucky like I do, you will find a wrecked one, or one that some one does not know what they have, or what it is worth. I will never pay that much for swap. People do it all the time, but I wont.

At this point I plan on buying a 2nd CRX - a 1991 Si - but it will have to be in such good condition. This one I want to play with. Money I dont mind. Its actually in really good condition overall and my wife only paid 800 for it. So, any answers to my last questions? Please?

At this point I plan on buying a 2nd CRX - a 1991 Si - but it will have to be in such good condition. This one I want to play with. Money I dont mind. Its actually in really good condition overall and my wife only paid 800 for it. So, any answers to my last questions? Please?

seeing how ur big into crxs as i am myself. i was wondering if u have any spare interior parts?

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30006

why dont you just get a k24, it will be cheaper.

Archived