cold air intake

redneck

i found this air intake u order the pieces u need/ want with out the name brand its goes to the bumper same thing as AEM has i beleve. its 3inch in diameter metal tubing. it will give the same performance as the AEM intake the ends up in the bumper right?? just double checking... havent ordered it.

i take it im a dumbass for talkin bout the brand?? lol

HAHA! No not dumbass, just not educated on the ins and outs of air intakes!:p

This is going to open up a lot of debate, but screw his Airness!:D

DONOT waste your money on AEM, or K&N intakes! Like I have said multiple times on here, its a filter on a pipe! A fancy sticker will not change that! Buy a Ebay intake throw away the filter, and get a $30.00 K&N filter. Then you are done and save $200.00 bucks or more!8)

HAHA! No not dumbass, just not educated on the ins and outs of air intakes!:p

This is going to open up a lot of debate, but screw his Airness!:D

DONOT waste your money on AEM, or K&N intakes! Like I have said multiple times on here, its a filter on a pipe! A fancy sticker will not change that! Buy a Ebay intake throw away the filter, and get a $30.00 K&N filter. Then you are done and save $200.00 bucks or more!8)

i just started gettin in to the cars 2 years ago and still dont know a lot yet lol. it was only $77.00 to build my own cold air intake from specture (priced it out at napa) with out the filter.have not ordered it yet cuz i wanted to ask if it was a good, ok, or thats the stupidest idea iv ever heart of from u guys on here.

iv looked at other topics and past questions. sry if i ask an old question lol.

one more question justed poped in to mind since ur here. when i get a full new exhaust done do i need to chip my ecu or get the p28? i have paesetter 4 2 1 header ( i think) and a flowmaster 40 series and 2.25 inch pipe and the shop wants to throw on a glass pack befor the muffler. no cat no resagnater. what do u think bout that??

i just started gettin in to the cars 2 years ago and still dont know a lot yet lol. it was only $77.00 to build my own cold air intake from specture (priced it out at napa) with out the filter.have not ordered it yet cuz i wanted to ask if it was a good, ok, or thats the stupidest idea iv ever heart of from u guys on here.

iv looked at other topics and past questions. sry if i ask an old question lol.

one more question justed poped in to mind since ur here. when i get a full new exhaust done do i need to chip my ecu or get the p28? i have paesetter 4 2 1 header ( i think) and a flowmaster 40 series and 2.25 inch pipe and the shop wants to throw on a glass pack befor the muffler. no cat no resagnater. what do u think bout that??

No you do not need to chip your ECU for a simple upgrade like you have. I take it you dont live in a area that requires emission testing, but do you ever plan on moving?? If you do move into a different area and they require emissions testing you are looking at spending money later on. You can buy a new Magnaflow cat for $50.00 shipped. Also if you run no resonator you are not going to like the sound of any exhaust!

Also you can get complete CAI on Ebay for $40-50 shipped, then buy a K&N filter for another $30.00.

No you do not need to chip your ECU for a simple upgrade like you have. I take it you dont live in a area that requires emission testing, but do you ever plan on moving?? If you do move into a different area and they require emissions testing you are looking at spending money later on. You can buy a new Magnaflow cat for $50.00 shipped. Also if you run no resonator you are not going to like the sound of any exhaust!

Also you can get complete CAI on Ebay for $40-50 shipped, then buy a K&N filter for another $30.00.

no i live in scappoose. but i have my car regestered in rainer lol. any resonator ideas? do they make aftermarket ones or just all stalk? what dose a cat and resonator do? i know cats is a emisions thing.

uv been most helpful man thanks.

oh hey is there a name for the cold air intake i want? im just afraid of buying one and its bent the wrong way or something like that.

no i live in scappoose. but i have my car regestered in rainer lol. any resonator ideas? do they make aftermarket ones or just all stalk? what dose a cat and resonator do? i know cats is a emisions thing.

oh hey is there a name for the cold air intake i want? im just afraid of buying one and its bent the wrong way or something like that.

I assume this is for the 92 DX Civic??

one that comes off the intake mani to a 90 degree than a 45 (im thinkin ) than threw the hole where the stalk box was than the filter right under that. maby it would be easer for u to find one for me?? is that do able? iv got the 1.5 16v i beleve its the d15b7

yes it is

michael i only found one that is $50 and one that was the style i was lookin for and its $168.24... would put the pix up on here but i dunno how lol

use the insert image button on the little tool bar below the font settings.

just get a intake that is 25-45 and get the k&n filter. any intake works. hell mike up there just stuck a filter on his intake manifold for his black del sol lol. and all d series(fuel injected) motors will use the same cold air intake. the one that goes behind the bumper doesnt really make that much of a difference. and it poses a risk for hydrolock if you live in wet rainy areas

ok thank you speed demon. i did not think bout hydro lock.

mpearce i was lookin at option 1. thanks for your help i really do appreate it. btw how is ur intake holing? dose it work well?.....

michael i only found one that is $50 and one that was the style i was lookin for and its $168.24... would put the pix up on here but i dunno how lol

ok thank you. now im concerned bout the worm air gettin in. i have a short ram in now it gets nuthing but worm/ hot air (hate it lol)

ok thank you. now im concerned bout the worm air gettin in. i have a short ram in now it gets nuthing but worm/ hot air (hate it lol)

Well you can get a CAI then install a bypass valve, but then you start getting into more money. Honestly you wont really notice much of a gain CAI over SRI. Not worth the risk of hydroloc!! Thats why I wound up eliminating the piping altogether.:D

HPIM2378.jpg

Well you can get a CAI then install a bypass valve, but then you start getting into more money. Honestly you wont really notice much of a gain CAI over SRI. Not worth the risk of hydroloc!! Thats why I wound up eliminating the piping altogether.:D

HPIM2378.jpg

well thats a option i could do lol. i got to get some kind of attachment tho. becides the hydrolock dose is it better than any other cai or sri just cuz its closer to the intake mani but further from the ground?? (cold air)

well thats a option i could do lol. i got to get some kind of attachment tho. becides the hydrolock dose is it better than any other cai or sri just cuz its closer to the intake mani but further from the ground?? (cold air)

Throttle response is noticeably better, but cold air is always better, however I was also getting 38 MPG in that Sol, and when I had CAI on it I was getting 35.

Throttle response is noticeably better, but cold air is always better, however I was also getting 38 MPG in that Sol, and when I had CAI on it I was getting 35.

so u did it for mgs? i just coppyed u lol i just put on my specture air filter. my SRI i bought for 8 bucks at a junk yard and bought that filter i just put on but it was to big. the junk yard one was so dirty it was brown lol that could be one reason i have a bouncing idle and lack of power...ima drive it in a few minutes...

so u did it for mgs? i just coppyed u lol i just put on my specture air filter. my SRI i bought for 8 bucks at a junk yard and bought that filter i just put on but it was to big. the junk yard one was so dirty it was brown lol that could be one reason i have a bouncing idle and lack of power...ima drive it in a few minutes...

hey mpearce so u get better fuel millages and throttle responce with ur air filter like it is and worse throttle responce and mpg's with a CAI? what dose COLD air do tho? sry if we have already been over this lol. just wanted to know pros and cons bout this stuff...

Archived