im buying a crx

mello

OK so Ive owned Honda's since i was 18 my first Honda was a 2.0 accord 5 speed ever since the Ive loved them so any way about 2 years ago i ceased the engine in my 1.5 civic mean little engine not to fast but now im looking into buying a 1991 crx the guy wants 1500 for the car it has a ls swap is it worth buying and whats the potential on the engine and yes you can consider me a noop on the modding of a Honda thanx for reading please give advice

OK so Ive owned Honda's since i was 18 my first Honda was a 2.0 accord 5 speed ever since the Ive loved them so any way about 2 years ago i ceased the engine in my 1.5 civic mean little engine not to fast but now im looking into buying a 1991 crx the guy wants 1500 for the car it has a ls swap is it worth buying and whats the potential on the engine and yes you can consider me a noop on the modding of a Honda thanx for reading please give advice

i had an ls swapped crx, my advise if it runs good, looks good dosent burn or leak fuccking do it itsa fast!

i had an ls swapped crx, my advise if it runs good, looks good dosent burn or leak fuccking do it itsa fast!

what would you recomend on mods would a turbo charger be the best way to go or would thier be internal things i should do

what would you recomend on mods would a turbo charger be the best way to go or would thier be internal things i should do

well it sounds like a good deal but how is the body and is there any rust and does it need body work. ok now with my mods you can go a few different ways you can go ls/vtec which is were you get a b18c1/gsr head and then you hvae lsvtec. or you can go with boost. but you ask if you have to do internal yes if you want to run a good amount of boost if not then i dont really see a point in doing it. but ask brianeg2 more about it bc im not that strong on telling you what all you need to do when it comes to boosting a car

well it sounds like a good deal but how is the body and is there any rust and does it need body work. ok now with my mods you can go a few different ways you can go ls/vtec which is were you get a b18c1/gsr head and then you hvae lsvtec. or you can go with boost. but you ask if you have to do internal yes if you want to run a good amount of boost if not then i dont really see a point in doing it. but ask brianeg2 more about it bc im not that strong on telling you what all you need to do when it comes to boosting a car

the engine is already ls vtec i just found that out and no its in real good shape but i do body work so its no big deal this engine pushes what 145 150 hp stock right

LS hp stock is 142hp & 127lbs-ft

and an LS is great for low boost stock, if you want to push high boost to be safe i would go ahead and rip it apart and get new pistons, connecting rods, a cometic head gasket, and some APR head studs then you could push an easy 15psi :)

LS hp stock is 142hp & 127lbs-ft

and an LS is great for low boost stock, if you want to push high boost to be safe i would go ahead and rip it apart and get new pistons, connecting rods, a cometic head gasket, and some APR head studs then you could push an easy 15psi :)

would i need to resleeve it

you would only need to resleeve it if you planned on pushing 20+psi

b series engines can handle well up to 500hp with just low compression pistons.. but to be safe and for daily use i would get what i had said above..

well im not sure about what the hp rating is if its a lsvtec but if its only 1500 and its lsvtec then yea i would buy it the motor alone is worth that

yeah thats what i thought

yeah im going to take the deal the see what turned me on to this engine is there is a 89 crx with th lsvtec swap in it were i live i new it was fast just didnt know what it was worht i queese the car has obd1 injectors dizzy and a skunk 2 computer as well

yeah im going to take the deal the see what turned me on to this engine is there is a 89 crx with th lsvtec swap in it were i live i new it was fast just didnt know what it was worht i queese the car has obd1 injectors dizzy and a skunk 2 computer as well

i would go with p28 and chip it with a hondata s100 chip. i mean boost or not its going to be a quick car you are going to hvae touqar and hp so i mean you have the best of both worlds but i would do it for sure

i would go with p28 and chip it with a hondata s100 chip. i mean boost or not its going to be a quick car you are going to hvae touqar and hp so i mean you have the best of both worlds but i would do it for sure

thanx for helping me make up my mind guys

i agree with jesse about the p28 but if you have the extra money get the hondata s300

oh and with a p28 youll have to get remapped, chipped, and tuned

ask him how he did the ls vtec conversion. did he rebalance the crank? does he have arp rod bolts and arp head studs? did he use a golden eagle conversion kit? is it tapped for vtec? if you go boost get a set of aftermarket compression pistons and new rods. youll also need to get it tuned, new clutch, and what tranny did he have?

ask him how he did the ls vtec conversion. did he rebalance the crank? does he have arp rod bolts and arp head studs? did he use a golden eagle conversion kit? is it tapped for vtec? if you go boost get a set of aftermarket compression pistons and new rods. youll also need to get it tuned, new clutch, and what tranny did he have?

its got a gsr cable tranny and he said he did the swap like this Full solid motor mount boomstick odbo to obd1 jumper and stock dx engine harness

i would get ALL the details before you get this. i mean every little one. if he did it himself then he should have no problem giving quick info

ok

Archived