New Rant Thread

peppilappu

Im an owner of a Honda Accord. Never had issue one with it. In fact I like the Honda so muchIm about to buy a Ridgeline next week.

I'm also a car collector, I own several classic Vettes and Mustangs.

This whole ordeal about GM taking TARP money and then bonused out $9M to the CEO prompted me to write a rant on the GM forum.

I thought it interesting that the post lasted about 10 seconds and was Erased. I then got a private message copied below from the forum administrator.

I thought it would be great for the entire world to see how GM has its head in the sand and how I hope America stops spending good money to keep them a float.

Dear peppilappu,

You have received a warning at GM Inside News Forum.

Reason:

-------

Non-Industry Political Post

Your new here, that's why you are getting a warning.

So let me say do not post that garbage again, if you think it's Obama Motor's I ask you find some other place to post that garbage.

-------

Original Post:

I was always a loyal GM customer. I own three corvettes from a 60 to a 63 split window to an 05 convertible.

After GM took the government TARP money and then the GM CEO took a $9M bonus I promised I will never buy another GM product again. I'm buying a Honda Ridgeline next week.

Now just think if several million people feel the way I do, and I'm sure they do, whats that do for business? Ford is tromping GM just because they had enough integrity to turn down the bail out.

This man is destroying OBAMA motors and I say we better never give them another penny.

Get rid of this guy, the union and start over. Enough is enough.

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,

GM Inside News Forum

My response to the GM forum:

TRUTH HURTS ?!

THIS TYPE OF CENSORSHIP IS PART OF THE PROBLEM.

GET YOUR HEAD OF OUT THE SAND!

I'm wondering am I the only one mad as hell about the GM bonus paid out with our tax money?

i'm always pissed when higher ups get huge bonuses, let alone when they can't be afforded. i am also extremely jealous of your 63 split window. that is my dream car. i now hate you (read: i'm just really jealous, post pics.)

new user unaware we even had a rant thread posting to spread word of douchery and faggotry at GM after he was berated for stating his opinion on that forum.

Relax SD, this is not THE rant thread that you love so much.

I agree with the new guy, although I have never been a real customer of gm products in the first place since I don't buy new cars. I owned a few used gms (5-8 yr olds) in the mid 90's and they were all complete pieces of junk. I know one bad egg shouldn't ruin the bunch, but three cars with 75-100k in miles requiring more repair value then what I paid for the car in under 1 year of time tells me my switch to Honda vehicles was the right move.

Bailout or no bailout, poor build quality on their cars has forever soured my taste for GM products. The fact that they had to be kept alive with my tax money further irks me. They make ugly vehicles that don't last for crap and can't find anyone to sell them to, for that they have been rewarded with staying in business?!?

Relax SD, this is not THE rant thread that you love so much.

I agree with the new guy, although I have never been a real customer of gm products in the first place since I don't buy new cars. I owned a few used gms (5-8 yr olds) in the mid 90's and they were all complete pieces of junk. I know one bad egg shouldn't ruin the bunch, but three cars with 75-100k in miles requiring more repair value then what I paid for the car in under 1 year of time tells me my switch to Honda vehicles was the right move.

Bailout or no bailout, poor build quality on their cars has forever soured my taste for GM products. The fact that they had to be kept alive with my tax money further irks me. They make ugly vehicles that don't last for crap and can't find anyone to sell them to, for that they have been rewarded with staying in business?!?

i am relaxed. i was just confused as to why there were two(didnt see the gm bs in the subtitle.) and yes i love the rant thread.

gm=fail. /thread

Liquid gasket that dissolves in GM coolant. Transmissions assembled in dusty rooms. Bolts rung off at the factory and left in place for the consumer to deal with.

The problems with GM are systemic, TARP was the government's way of saying business-as-usual is good enough. I think failure was the best option for Detroit, it would have learned something and possibly have adopted a new way of doing business.

We (Americans) are not short of ideas when it comes to automobiles, we have not lost our edge. Remember, the new Civic was designed and developed right here in the US. When I read about the redesign of the Civic, I thought, "why doesn't Ford, GM, or Dodge design a killer vehicle like that?"

Can you imagine a new Accord with a rung off exhaust manifold bolt? I can't, I would never happen. The aforementioned bolt was found by a customer on a new Pontiac Aztek exhaust manifold.

hey now, i actually like the design of the new malibu... prolly cuz it looks like my TL, especially the profile.. they stole... errr copied rather, a good design with that car.

Archived