Lowering springs

jkm345

i have some lowering springs installed on my DC but then it turns out the back is lower than the front. My questions is if its possible that i installed the wrongs springs to the wrong side of the car. My springs i put in the back have a bigger gap between the coils and is also more fatter all around. My springs in the front are more slim and the coils are much more closer to each other than the back ones. any help?

p.s. shocks are brand new too!

Bigger, thicker springs go in the front! Smaller thinner springs go in the rear! However ur sayin the rear is lower than the front... Had u installed backwards it would b vise versa! You need the bigger springs in the front 2 support the wieght of the engine & obviously isnt much in the rear so... small thinny's! what kinda shocks air or gas? Buddy of mine had gas in the front & air in the rear, he had no i idea! his car was the same deal as yours! He installed the gas shocks in the rear & it dropped it a lil more.. plus wasnt so bouncy! What kind of lowering springs do u have? I personally would go w/ Eibach! Excellent 4 daily drivers.. let alone they offer a million mile warranty, nothing Tein could offer... My Teins lasted a yr!

heres mine

DSCF0286.jpg

2009_10100008.jpg

Skunk2 Sport springs & shocks w/ Upper and rear camber kits (Skunk2), Skunk2 LCA's, and Bennen Tiebar. Handles like a champ, and comforable enough to daily drive and take for 4+ hour road trips with minimal fatigue. (much less fatigue than my tien set up I had on my last sol)

heres mine

DSCF0286.jpg

2009_10100008.jpg

Skunk2 Sport springs & shocks w/ Upper and rear camber kits (Skunk2), Skunk2 LCA's, and Bennen Tiebar. Handles like a champ, and comforable enough to daily drive and take for 4+ hour road trips with minimal fatigue. (much less fatigue than my tien set up I had on my last sol)

thats basically same thing as mine except Eibach & tokico... ive got the Skunk2 Adj Aarms + rear adj rod! lower control arms + a custom rear strut.. FOR THEY SAY 90-93 r the same as 94+ but they r wrong!!! but i got 1! i yes i would agree.. 4 i too had tiens & they were whack as f**k.. didnt last 4 s**t now its stiff & i never bottom out anymore...

i was testing the shocks before i put it in by compressing them together and it made no weird noises or anything and smooth back out slowly, so i dont think my shocks are blown, but my springs are dropzones because i was looking for more of a drop but not coilovers cause i hate touching that stuff. Also im starting to think it could be cause of my tires that the car is bouncy. I inflated my tires 10psi above reccommended and im rolling on stocks LS webs 14's for better gas mileage and also my treading non the tires is about 50% left, would this be another reason as to why the car is bouncy?

i dont do any dumb driving so it helps me out in the gas mileage department. And i know its rated at a certain psi, but like i said, i dont do any crazy driving and also, here in cali it varies also, cuz in the winter i have to put extra air in as oppose to lessening air during the killer summer heat here.

thats because colder air messes with tire pressure.

seb is right, doesnt matter how you drive, its gonna wear them out faster.

look at your shocks and see if they are leaking any oil.

how much did those springs drop the car anyways?

i got about 2.5 in the back in 2.3 in the front, but thats becuz i put them on backwards!

• 1 month later...

Archived