SWAP HELP!!!

ok so me and my buddies are swapping a B18A1 out of a 90 da teg, into a 92 eg CX hatch, the only thing we are having troubles with is the wiring, i was told the d15 from the hatch would plucg and play on the b18, well most of the plugs work but we have a few extra that have nothing to plug into? and advice?

also the dizzy plugs are different, is that because the b18 is Obd0 and the hatch harness is Obd1?

and would we need an obd0 to obd1 conversion harness? if so does anyone have one at a fair price?

another thing is, i have an extra B18B1 if im correct thats out of the 94+teg thats obd1 right? would we be better off dropping that motor in?

sorry for the wall-o-text but we pulled an all nighter trying to finish but this wiring just became a bitch!

TIA guys/gals

this place is no fuccking help

wow dude I haven't been here on this forum for a lil while but expecting a response in less than a day you need to chillax! And for some reason I'll still help you with an answer...

1) It's against federal Law to put an older engine in a newer vehicle.

That being said you need to either convert the dizzy to obd-1 or get an obd-1 ls dizzy.

After now reading all of your post, put the b18b1 in there. you're right it is obd-1. If you do not have the integra ls engine harness you can use the d15 one. Here's what you'll need to do..extend the wires on your o2 sensor so it get plug into the o2 sensor...don't jerry rig it either, solder and shrink wrap that crap. This also goes for the IAT sensor. On the d-series the sensor is on the back of the IM's on the LS it is on the front side of the #1 runner. it needs aprx a 3-5" extension. as well solder it.

there question answered. now be pleasant.

wow dude I haven't been here on this forum for a lil while but expecting a response in less than a day you need to chillax! And for some reason I'll still help you with an answer...

That being said you need to either convert the dizzy to obd-1 or get an obd-1 ls dizzy.

After now reading all of your post, put the b18b1 in there. you're right it is obd-1. If you do not have the integra ls engine harness you can use the d15 one. Here's what you'll need to do..extend the wires on your o2 sensor so it get plug into the o2 sensor...don't jerry rig it either, solder and shrink wrap that crap. This also goes for the IAT sensor. On the d-series the sensor is on the back of the IM's on the LS it is on the front side of the #1 runner. it needs aprx a 3-5" extension. as well solder it.

thanks man

What he said extra emphasis on Refrackinglax!:crazy: You asked a question on a near death forum!:laugh:

What he said extra emphasis on Refrackinglax!:crazy: You asked a question on a near death forum!:laugh:

yeah son. lol jk

M how you doing man, every time you hit me up on aim I'm not around and when and if I'm ever 'available' I don't look at my BL sorry dude if you feel neglected.

• 1 month later...

you need to get an obd1 b18a/b distributor and ecu. you need to reuse the harness out of the car which you did , good. you need to post pics of what plug you have left , clearly.

Archived