Toyota Halts Sales and Shuts Down Plants

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Still Buy Toyota?

• Yes. Stuck Accelerator is Nothing.
    • No. Stuck Accelerator is Something. Didn't you see the Floormat Recall last fall?
    • Maybe. Anything built after 2010 should be OK, right?

What is going on Toyota? Seems they may have already found a fix to their stuck accelerator problem, regardless if they chose to halt sales and shut down plants or were forced to basically stop business by the NHTSA. Considering they will need to re-make millions of pedals for millions of cars on and off the road, who knows when you can buy a Toyota again.

This can not be good for their image. A couple recalls within a year's time of up to 6.6 million vehicles across 8 models (not including Lexus or Scion) regarding accelerator problems is kind of alarming. Would you still consider Toyota if you're buying in today's market? For me, I'm still keeping an eye out on that FT-86 you know. ;)

Heard about this on the radio yesterday morning. Blaming it on floormats and sh*t. That's a garbage excuse. It's that retarded ass drive-by-wire sh*t and the inability to put a traditional key style ignition in a vehicle anymore. Not surprising.

I figure if I was in the new car market a month from now will be a great time to buy a new yota. The dealers will be hurting and the company dying to move stagnant cars.

The incident rate on sticking accelerators was only a dozen or so out of millions of cars sold. You are more likely to win the Powerball then you are to have a problem with your accelerator. That, and I know how to drive and how to handle a stuck accelerator - unlike most of the idiots on the road these days.

Apparently a cop who was driving one of these troubled vehicles (crashed with a carload of people, all four died) tried to cut the vehicle off while it was rolling. Evidently, even after having held the stop button down for three seconds nothing happened.

That's the GHEY.

I vote on the side of stupidity.

The claim was that the car was going triple digits when the car finally crashed. There are numerous ways to slow down a car to a reasonable speed. Hell, if all else fails ride the retaining wall.

I vote on the side of stupidity.

The claim was that the car was going triple digits when the car finally crashed. There are numerous ways to slow down a car to a reasonable speed. Hell, if all else fails ride the retaining wall.

Funny. Story I heard was a carload of people were approaching an intersection.. Didn't know they had retaining walls near them. Actually, I even heard the 911 call..don't know why but it was played on the radio when I heard all this crap.

There are just to many idiots on the roads these days. They need to go back to driving school for real, they dont know how to drive, turn, use all the stuff you are suppose to while driving and they just dont care bout anyone else on the road.

The other day i seen this women on her cell phone and i pulled up to the light beside her and told her to roll down her window and i was like you need to get the freak off the phone while you are driving, and she said you need to watch your tone to me young man. I said well you need to because if you hit me with my son in the car i would stomp a mud hole in that butt.

There are just to many idiots on the roads these days. They need to go back to driving school for real, they dont know how to drive, turn, use all the stuff you are suppose to while driving and they just dont care bout anyone else on the road.

The other day i seen this women on her cell phone and i pulled up to the light beside her and told her to roll down her window and i was like you need to get the freak off the phone while you are driving, and she said you need to watch your tone to me young man. I said well you need to because if you hit me with my son in the car i would stomp a mud hole in that butt.

Wow, threatening a woman. What a macho fella' you are. I'd have gladly invited you out of your vehicle had I been in her situation. Afterward, I'd have blown a hole in your face with that which is known as a .45cal handgun I keep in my center console. LOL. Please, you've just admitted guilt to doing one of the DUMBEST things you can possibly do in traffic.

Please, continue talking that smack to people..HOPEFULLY you'll run into the right one.

We might be thinking two different things.

The incident I recall was 3 or 4 people on the highway and accel got stuck. Car hit 100+ before they rear-ended another vehicle.

Wow, threatening a woman. What a macho fella' you are. I'd have gladly invited you out of your vehicle had I been in her situation. Afterward, I'd have blown a hole in your face with that which is known as a .45cal handgun I keep in my center console. LOL. Please, you've just admitted guilt to doing one of the DUMBEST things you can possibly do in traffic.

Please, continue talking that smack to people..HOPEFULLY you'll run into the right one.

Speaking of indecent drivers well here you go lol, nice that you cant use your own hands you have to take the easy way out but whatever floats your boat. Have fun pulling a gun on me with my son in the car lol. You do that and you are the idiots that i am talking bout retard.

• 5 months later...

See, there was another response above my earlier post that someone pull a ninja stealth deletion on me. Thus leaving me to look more like a tool then I already am.

Archived