155,000 miles and check engine light came on

COHONDA

Hey, so i have a 1998 Honda Accord V6. It has 155,014 miles on it and the check engine light came on at 155,012. Here is my question, does the check engine light come on or right after 155,000 miles or is a actual problem?

It also has been extremely cold where i live for the last week or so, so i was thinking that might be a problem too.

Thanks

Hey, so i have a 1998 Honda Accord V6. It has 155,014 miles on it and the check engine light came on at 155,012. Here is my question, does the check engine light come on or right after 155,000 miles or is a actual problem?

It also has been extremely cold where i live for the last week or so, so i was thinking that might be a problem too.

Thanks

check your CEL codes, that will let you know if its a service interval marker, or if its an actual problem. If you dont know how to do it, then goto autozone/pepboys/schucks etc and they will let you borrow a code reader to see whats up.

Go to autozone and get them to read the code and you need to get the service manual for your car cause autozone dont always tell you the right thing. And then just find the code it should be under the fuel and emissions chapter and it should tell you what page it is on so you can read and see how to fix it.

Is the car otherwise driving and behaving normally?

Most of the time when the check engine light comes on and the car keeps driving 'normally' it has to to with emission controls reading out of spec. Doesn't narrow it down a lot as that can mean any number of things are malfunctioning but more often then not it is an oxygen sensor failure.

Bottom line: get the code read then figure out what to do.

Archived