exteriors

Kustom16

your planning on painting it yourself? if you have a paint and body shop then go for it but otherwise, i would let a professional do it. you really can't get an exact paint to match your bumpers to the rest of the car, unless its a brand new car. most cars have faded paint due to years of diff weathers.

your planning on painting it yourself? if you have a paint and body shop then go for it but otherwise, i would let a professional do it. you really can't get an exact paint to match your bumpers to the rest of the car, unless its a brand new car. most cars have faded paint due to years of diff weathers.

just as he said.

taking it to a shop means that they will have to match the paint to what the existing paint now looks like.

or, you can just get a whole new paint job.

if you're doing a color change then do it right! make sure you get the door sills, engine bay, etc...cars look really stupid when they have a different color engine bay than the do exterior.

that would be right..my friend has a probe and it is now purplwe but u can tell it ws red becasue the doro jams arnt down....So i would do it right

i have a frost white engine bay on my sol that is custom blue/purple

and had a maroon engine bay on my crx that is a heavy metallic silver... ended up spraying the bay with high temp black paint a while back when we did the auto to manual conversion, but it doesn't stay forever.

door jams are all done, but i could care less at this point what color the engine bay is. i'd rather spend the money on modifications rather than paint. :p

• 5 months later...

hey whats fellas i havnt posted in a long time ive been just saving money lately

and im want to go to JT AUTO BODY STYLE and do my ride in all pearl white and my hood a gloss black with the head lights gloss black and shave my side bumpers and a little wing and that would beit for body work and then a a motor swap with a gsr v-tech in 3 months i will have 2G's i know it might not b enough but im goin to try.

well see yea later,

Kustom

87 integra "old, but bad ass"

$2,000 wont be enough for any portion of any of the work you described.

Unless you pull an insurance scam, that paint job alone will cost you a good $20,000. The engine swap will be minimal $3,000 after installation for a stock GSR motor. Turbo is about $3,000 more. Not to mention beefed internals to handle the boost. If you really want some help, ask or PM SSR. Im sure hes around somewhere, dishin' out the know-how.

$2,000 wont be enough for any portion of any of the work you described.

Unless you pull an insurance scam, that paint job alone will cost you a good $20,000. The engine swap will be minimal $3,000 after installation for a stock GSR motor. Turbo is about $3,000 more. Not to mention beefed internals to handle the boost. If you really want some help, ask or PM SSR. Im sure hes around somewhere, dishin' out the know-how.

a high quality paint job is nowhere close to $20,000.

if you're going to go turbo, I suggest building up a B18A/B or a B20. IMO, they're better than a DOHC VTEC. if you do go with a B18C1, expect to pay a bit more than $3000.

• 6 months later...

Archived