whos thinking on builing an LS VTEC???

i was just curious.. when doing an engine swap or turbo charging an LS motor, isn't vtec not a popular choice? doesn't vtec give you turbo lag compared to just a LS DOHC? or am i wrong? i thought it was...thats why most civics who do engine swaps usually swap out for a LS motor than a prelude 2.2 motor

Yes you are right it does give you a lil more lag but the reason why most people dont do it is because its not worth it if you have turbo theres no need for VTEC besides VTEC works great with High comprssion engines and as you know High compression and Turbos dont get along pretty well. Another factor why they do LS (B18B) instead of Preludes (H22A) is the price.

• 11 months later...
Well I know that the LS VTEC set up is very common nowdays so I was wondering who is gonna build one..maybe I can give you some points to consider when building it.

hmmm im goin B20/B16CRXfrankenstein swapper!! :laugh::laugh:

but now im doin D16-SI/Y8-EX SOHC mode... heh

i was just curious.. when doing an engine swap or turbo charging an LS motor, isn't vtec not a popular choice? doesn't vtec give you turbo lag compared to just a LS DOHC? or am i wrong? i thought it was...thats why most civics who do engine swaps usually swap out for a LS motor than a prelude 2.2 motor

No, VTEC does not create more turbo lag. IF your VTEC kicks in at 4,500 RPM, your turbo should be spooled up quite a bit by now. VTEC engines have a high red line. Turbos like high RPM.

A guy with an Integra GSR and a Drag Gen III "tuned" his engine with an APEX'i VAFC and gained 15 midrange horsepower which is where you need it on a turbocharged car.

Archived