Mini-Me Conversion

Jinky27

Hey guys... i have a d15b7 on my 94 dx. i been looking to vtec my motor or to get a vtec motor. i been doin some research and i saw some guys talking about the mini me conversion. what are the pros and con about this? i been looking on ebay and found a d16z6 complete with complete intake manifold assembly distributor vave cover vtec solenoid minus the ecu. should i go for it? or should i just save up and get a complete d16 vtec? and if i do get just the head which ecu should i get for my car?? i also have a 2.5" catback exhaust and a short ram intake, looking for good headers, wat headers would be the best for a d series motor??

First off, there is much more to a mini me swap than just slapping a head on it and going.

If you havent ever been inside a motor I would not recommend doing a mini me.

If you want just a simple swap I would just save up and get the D16Z6 whole motor, it will also have a little bit more power.

Another issue with the mini me swap is you don't just put a VTEC head on a motor with 150k on it, it will need to be gone through first.

ok i was just wondering what would b the best thing for me to do with the swap.... well i just bought a cluster for my eg but for some reason after like 2000 rpm's it doesnt read it right.. I bought 2 tach's and both of them read up to like 1500 rpm's.... now with the cluster everything reads fine but after like 2000 rpm's its not reading it correctly and the max that the needle would read its like 3500 rpm's... anyone have any of these problem before, or have any ideas that might help fix the problem... my brother says to check it wit his dmm (digital multi-meter) straight from the tach wire and if anything rewire it but its a pain in the ass.. anyone have a better idea?

ok i as jus wondering what would b the best thing for me to do... well i just bought a cluster for my eg but for some reason after like 2000 rpm's it doesnt read it right.. what might b the problem? i bought 2 tacks an none of them worked right on the car.. now the cluster everything reads fine but after like 2000 rpm's its not reading it correctly and the max that the needle would read its like 3500 rpm's... anyone have any of these problem before?

swap motor

Z6/Y8 complete head, P28 ecu, Z6/Y8 H.G., Z6/Y8 T-belt, Z6/Y8 VTEC harness (i think), i heard its better to use adjustable cam gear as well, i think you can use a afvc to just wire vtec in (may be wrong)

Archived