Rare factory Dels sols?

lizsol

Just recently getting into the del sol scene(previouse cars owned were 5.0 mustang coupe and firebird formula)i've always liked the look of the del sol and finally was able to purcase one though not in the best of shape it's solid moslty just need some interior parts. The engine and tranny seem to run great. The car will be used moslty by my GF but i wll get to use it on weekends. I will try to get some pics up soon.

My question is what would you guys say are the most rare factory del sols? ie paint, options, etc etc.

By production numbers the 96 and 97 Del Sol VTEC model is the hardest to find. Pick up a nice Cypress Green Pearl and you have one of only a handful sold in the US.

wow seb, but i think you forgot the most rare sols

I introduce you to the holy grail my friend

The del Sol Daytona edition

(Damn it cant find the daytona brochure!)

and del Sol Motegi edition

motegi.jpg

The cup holders in the US versions were a stock part on all models. However, they were completely useless in a 5spd car as you had to hold your arm at a crazy unnatural angle to attempt to shift if you had anything larger then a soda can in the cup holder.

The cup holders in the US versions were a stock part on all models. However, they were completely useless in a 5spd car as you had to hold your arm at a crazy unnatural angle to attempt to shift if you had anything larger then a soda can in the cup holder.

I figured.

I guess it migh have been a rare option in other countries.

Many other countries have laws against eating or drinking while driving. Many sols shipped to mixed markets, like europe, just omitted certain parts by default so the car was suitable for sale in multiple countries right from the factory. It was then up to the individual dealership to offer and install items that were standard in other parts of the world.

the motegi and daytona edition del sols were very rare.

i think they were just left over 97s that they made with a custom interior and the exterior was dark green or silver i believe. someone correct me if im wrong

Archived