Few issues

Twiztid_Teggy

I just bought a 94 integra off a buddie of mine for pretty cheap. Car was basically useless. When i got it the quater window was busted out, the rod bearings look like someone took a shotgun to em, the brakes dont work due to the brake lines not being flared when they go into the master cyl, and the dizzy clips were cut, the rad has a crack in it, and all the plug wires were melted it look like. I got 3 of the 4 plug wires takin out one of which snapped in half and the other half is still around the plug. Well i got the rod bearings replaced, franked a dizzy and got it to start up.

Ive got an idle loop thats bouncing 1k differnece. Once you start the car it shoots up to 1500 to 2k then after 5 to 10 seconds it starts to loop. I unhooked the Ivac and then it would idle with only 100 rpm loop. The needle barely registered. I already tried cleanin out the Ivac and what not, I looked for vaccumm leaks, and all that good stuff found a few cracked lines and replaced them.

Also my other question is when i go to replace the head gasket (im sure it needs it...) Is there a way to get the melted plug wire and plug out of the head? Im thinkin i could take some needle nose plyers and try to loosing up the melted plug wire by loosing the plug from the bottom. Anyone know if theres another way to do it if this dont work? Ill have pics up eventually of the destruction of this car and what it looks like when im done with it.

To keep from stripping the threading in the aluminum head I would recommend taking the whole thing to a machine shop and having them extract the plug. While they have it you can have them plane off the mounting surface a hair to ensure a perfectly flat mating surface.

If the plug wire is melted to the plug (assuming that is your issue), I would take the thing outside, take a set of hose pliers and a plumbing tourch heat the wire and try removing it that way. If it is a plug issue then +1^.

As far as the engine loop I would check the resistance on the coolant temp. sensor, try swaping a known good used IACV from another car, go ahead and replace all the vac lines for the IAC system (since you all ready found other cracked lines), and make sure there is coolant in the system and that there is no air trapped in either the IACV or behind the engine coolant temp sensor (you can simply remove it and make sure coolant comes out).

Hope this is somewhat useful. After the above, the door opens wide to other possible causes.

That helped alot, I got the plug out with little to no problem. I was able to crush the melted plug wire around the plug and it came right out.

So now i have NGK plug and wires in and im running new vaccumm lines friday i think i found a IAVC too. I dont have any coolent in it cuz the crack in the rad so i assume thats part of it. I will also be fixiing that friday as well. You know its sad when you find molded french fries stuck to the carpet with frost........ This car is slowly comin together. Im sure ill have some more things on here to ask soon enough, this is my 3rd honda and my first b-series motor.

• 4 months later...

Archived