vibration and pull in wheel

88prelude

all of the sudden there is a real bad vibration in my wheel and the car pulls severely to the right only when i am going at a steady speed, not when i am accellerating, decelerating, or out of gear. only when i am going at a steady speed in gear when my foot is hardly on the gas. sometimes the vibration and pull will go away for a short time but it is replaced by i high pitches squeal coming from the right wheel(passenger). my cv axle clicks because it is bad and i have been told this might be the problem but the axle was clicking wayy before this vibration/pull started. does anyone have any ideas?? the wheel berring has never been repaced as far as i know. ive had the car since about 125,xxx miles and mnow it has about 190,xxx. could it also be alignment? the car has lower springs without a camber kit. but i put the springs on months ago and it drove smooth. this just started happening recently.

That's more pull than alignment would cause...

1) check tie rods

2) axles being bad is not good

3) check see if your control arms are ok (loose? bent?)

What kind of noises do you hear, besides the axles clicking?

whenever there is no pull or vibration i hear squeaking

Try lubing the suspension...control arms and all...

Also, check the things I listed, like tie rods...

well its not a constant squeak. whenever the wheel is spinning its like a squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak.

and it also doesnt do it all the time. i was driving around all dar yesterday and it was driving smoooth as hell. even when i went 100 down the highway.

im baffled

but ill check the things you listed thanks

• 5 months later...

lube your ball joints and hopefully they arent going bad

but they could be running out of lube thus causing an intermittent squeaking noise

if thats not the problem i would also check your tie rod and control arm

also check the control arm bushings for damage, wear, dry rot all that good stuff

• 6 months later...

all of the sudden there is a real bad vibration in my wheel and the car pulls severely to the right only when i am going at a steady speed, not when i am accellerating, decelerating, or out of gear. only when i am going at a steady speed in gear when my foot is hardly on the gas. sometimes the vibration and pull will go away for a short time but it is replaced by i high pitches squeal coming from the right wheel(passenger). my cv axle clicks because it is bad and i have been told this might be the problem but the axle was clicking wayy before this vibration/pull started. does anyone have any ideas?? the wheel berring has never been repaced as far as i know. ive had the car since about 125,xxx miles and mnow it has about 190,xxx. could it also be alignment? the car has lower springs without a camber kit. but i put the springs on months ago and it drove smooth. this just started happening recently.

90 percent of the time 3rd gen preludes always vibrate when u brake...i also have a prelude and i looked greatly into fixing this problem, theres nothing u can do. the first thing i did to fix the problem was to get slotted rotors which helped sooo much in the braking vibrations, so i knew i was doing somethin right. mess around with ur calibers, brake pads and maybe even struts, springs and coilovers and i gurantee u will fix your problem

Archived