Help ! CL-S with low power!

Hello all. I bought a new 2003 Acura CL-S Navi Automatic back in Febuary. At first I did not notice any problems, but on the few occasions I was serviced at my local Acura dealer I had the chance to drive some of their loaner cars: (TL's, CL's, some type S). And over time I slowly began to realize . . . "Hey, my car is not as fast as it should be". :o

I even added comptech intake and headers. I've taken it in already a couple of times to have it looked at, but they say the same thing every time: "The car seems to be driving normaly"

HELP! :o

What should I do?

CivicEX95: Absolutly NOT! I am totaly and fully covered under Acura's Warrenty . . .

Infact, my local Acura dealership was the place that added my intake and headers!

Comptech works extremly close with Acura to not only to insure 110% compatability, but to

also make significant increases in performance without voiding the warrenty. And some High End Acura dealers will take the extra step to go ahead and add some of these upgrades before a new car hits the lot.

That's right, after market performance parts on a brand new Acura with 0 miles on a Acura dealership lot.

The Intake and Headers have absolutly nothing to do with my lack of power.

The loss of power was there before I added the comptech upgrades, it just took me

a while to figure out the subtle nature of my problem.

-Switch

for this post i shall make use of the ssr ninja style:

1. i'm not familiar with acura's warranty policy, all i know is that a friend of mine put i/h/e on his 99 eclipse gst and when he went back to have it serviced they said his warranty was not voided due to the performance parts.

2. i've never heard of a dealership adding aftermarket parts to a new car, or used car for that matter, to sell it...but i'm not saying your lying.

3. acura's at the dealership do not have 0 miles...infact, no new cars at the dealership have 0 miles. cars have to be taken though a test run before they are shipped to the dealership, and even then most dealerships drive them after shipping to make sure they are ok and to put a little gas in them for test drives and such.

4. i didn't say that the i/h had anything to do with loss of power did i? why would aftermarket performance parts make you lose power, doesn't make much sense to me...unless its one of those ricer mufflers. i said it probably void's your warranty.

5. YOU HAVE BEEN OWNED AND FIRED*

*pay no attention to the last part, that was put in for pure fun :D

Actually, Honda and Acura...as well as other dealers around here will add aftermarket parts on new cars and include them with the warranty. Maybe it's a regional thing...or whatever, but it's common where I am.

Actually, Honda and Acura...as well as other dealers around here will add aftermarket parts on new cars and include them with the warranty. Maybe it's a regional thing...or whatever, but it's common where I am.

same thing where I live. You can get an '03 civic with 18s and altezzas right from the dealer. Its kind of a trend for all the dealers in my area to do that to some of thier cars

yes, acura does sell comptech parts. i do not know about buying a new car with comptech parts but if you say so, i believe you.

switch, have you tried shifting in ss? see if your overdrive is on? usually its slow at the line since its an auto but once you pick up pace, your car should be flying.

CivicEx: I think most people on this forum understood my point without having to pick apart every word. When I said "a new car with 0 Miles", what I meant was "a new car with 20 miles or less.", and I think 99% of the forum understood that without me having to micro-manage an explanation.

TLontheDL: What you said sounded like the most intelligent responce and advice I've gotten so far. Thank you for your help.

-Switch

CivicEx: I think most people on this forum understood my point without having to pick apart every word. When I said "a new car with 0 Miles", what I meant was "a new car with 20 miles or less.", and I think 99% of the forum understood that without me having to micro-manage an explanation.

i guess thats what you get when you use SSR's reply format...wonder if thats why everybody always jumps on him? :laugh:

• 2 months later...

11-04-03 Update: I just recently added the Comptech exhaust and springs.

So the car is as follows:

03 Acura CL-S Navi (White on Tan)

Comptech Icebox Intake

Comptech Headers

Comptech Exhaust

Comptech Anitsway Bars

Comptech Springs

JL 500/5 Amplifier

JL 10" Subwoofer

XM Digital Sat. (XM Commander)

Boston Accoustic Speaker (Front and Rear)

Custom Xenon Fog Lights

Performance note: Ever since I added the Comptech Exhaust something incredible has happened to the way the car accelerates. It's significantly faster. There is quite a bit increase in torque. Whatever problems I had due to a lack of power are gone, and I have fallen in love with my car all over again!

I conclusion, I just want to thank all of you who have responded to my plee for help. I read everyones remarks, and sincerly appriciate all your input.

-Switch in Charlotte NC

glad to see a fellow L series enthusiast whose not afraid of modding out a...somewhat..luxury car! i know comptech parts aren't cheap, especially for the TL/CL/RL! i'd hate to ask how much you invested in your car. so far, ive spent over 2 grand and im still ordering parts :laugh: this is such an expensive hobby. wish i had a civic or something so aftermarket parts wont be as expensive

I think I am somewhere between 3 and 4 thousand in aftermarket upgrades.

I talk to people alot about the Comptech upgrades, (because i've done so many, and the results have been killer). But the truth is, my XM Digital Sattillite Service deserves just as much attention. I will tell you man, not much in car audio these days can beat 101 crystal clear 'CD quality' channels beamed to you straight from outer-space! And 34% of those channels are commercial free. The rest have very few commercials. My XM antenna is located in the rear between the rear speakers and is the size of a silver dollar, (I usually have to show people where it is). I highly recomend it! XM is awesome!

Just one more note: Concerning some of the comments above. Despite all of the aftermarket upgrades I've done to my car, my 5 year / 70K mile warrenty is still very much in effect, and will remain so, until it expires normaly.

I would post pictures of my car, but I am affraid most would see little difference from the outside. I even kept my center console stock and intact. The car is a little bit lower from the Comptech springs, but other than that it's tough to tell I've done anything to the car, AND, I LIKE IT THAT WAY!

Bond Incognito . . .

-Switch

Archived