del sol almost dying help please

I have a 1993 Honda del sol S with a stock engine when I purchased the car it was bad from the start I had to replace the head gasket right away, and shortly after (about a week ago) had to put a new distributor in it. It bogs down alot and chokes some when the AC is on but I thought that was just an AC problem then when I went to drive it today, in neutral it only idles at about 100-200 rpms and almost dies, from what I can tell it drives fine in any other gear. There is a small ticking noise comming from the engine area don't know it that has any significance. I would really appriciate any advice drive my car for work so its much needed.

I have a 1993 Honda del sol S with a stock engine when I purchased the car it was bad from the start I had to replace the head gasket right away, and shortly after (about a week ago) had to put a new distributor in it. It bogs down alot and chokes some when the AC is on but I thought that was just an AC problem then when I went to drive it today, in neutral it only idles at about 100-200 rpms and almost dies, from what I can tell it drives fine in any other gear. There is a small ticking noise comming from the engine area don't know it that has any significance. I would really appriciate any advice drive my car for work so its much needed.

Silly question, but did you replace spark plugs after headgasket?

here's a quick procedure for cleaning it.

buying a haynes manual for your car might be a good thing to have as well

Haynes are great to have, even if there is nothing wrong with the car, they are good references for helping others and learning things.

As stated, clean your IACV, and try the throttle body. I've had some friends with a messed up idle, and cleaning the throttle body was a -to date- permanent fix. Give it a go mann, and good luck.

Archived