honda bounce solution?

muscle2rice

I just decided to change my ways and come to the dark side and traded my truck for a honda. Im workinging on it and rebuilding it to do about 13 down the track. One issue i dont want to have is honda bounce, but i would like to lower it if its possible. So does anyone know how to lower it but not get the honda bounce? Its a 94 del sol si if it helps to know, with all stock suspension

I just decided to change my ways and come to the dark side and traded my truck for a honda. Im workinging on it and rebuilding it to do about 13 down the track. One issue i dont want to have is honda bounce, but i would like to lower it if its possible. So does anyone know how to lower it but not get the honda bounce? Its a 94 del sol si if it helps to know, with all stock suspension

Well the stiffer, and lower you go the mo bounce you get! I went with Tein S.Techs with stock struts, very nice ride, and lowers it 2" in front 1.5 in rear.

This was the first time I used them. I am on second Sol with them now! :thumbsup:

HPIM1256.jpg

moving this to the suspension section.

i have eibach sportline springs with tokico hp shocks and dont really have any bounce.

if youre going to be tracking it and using the car as a DD i would suggest getting some adjustable coilovers. that way you can adjust the height, and also the ride stiffness to your preferences

it seems like he's going to be driving it on the street as well. if it were going to be solely a track car, he would probably be shooting for a faster time than 13s

If he leaves the suspension stock, he can do a monster truck rally too! :thumbsup:

moving this to the suspension section.

i have eibach sportline springs with tokico hp shocks and dont really have any bounce.

This is gonna be about the best you can do without spending a ton of money. That's the problem with most of these ~$1k coilover setups, they are stiff and they work on the track, but they suck daily driving. If you want to go LOW and have a good quality ride still, you are gonna have to either spend the cash on high quality suspension or make a sacrifice. You are gonna either have to deal with some amount of "bounce" or you are gonna not be able to go as low.

My car nearly tucks tire and my car rides smoother on the street than it did with stock suspension, but it's much stiffer, but I also spent more than most people are willing to.

I'd recommend what airjordan did here, and go with Sportline springs and good shocks, this will give you a decent balance between ride height and comfort.

Archived