springs vs. coilovers...

i cant decide whether i should go with springs or coilovers...i heard springs can bust your struts but if you get a good type like tien they wont. and coilovers are just a pain in the rear to install and fool with bla bla...and really expensive. a little help please? :)

also whats a good website i can look at some and order off of?

Yes, those statements are generally correct from what I've read.

Coilovers won't be any harder to install. They are good for being able to adjust height and stiffness from season to season or event to event. There are many good brands out there. Quality usually goes up with price.

I got mine from tirerack.com, but you might find more options elsewhere if you look around.

moving this to the suspension section...

Redbull, if you look at the pinned topics at the top of this section you can get some information as these questions are very common. There is also a "how to" on lowering your car with stock struts using extended top hats.

at the end of the day, it comes down to what youre going to be doing with the car:

are you fine with a set height/stiffness, then get springs

if youre going to track the car and want to be able to make adjustments to the height/stiffness, then get coilovers

I was in the same situation you were in... deciding between coilover sleeves and springs.

I almost got TEIN S.Techs, but I ended up getting Megan Racing sleeves.

The sleeves won't bust as easily if the drop isn't lower than two inches from what I've heard. I dumped my junk, so it blew in a week.

You have a lip, cheater. :p

haha yeah, as of right now my current setup.. my header sits about a inch off the ground.. ask ryan about the sparks in DC LOL! i wish we could have taken a picture of that!

if i lower my car the full 3.5 that the teins can go the car will literally be sitting on the ground :-

haha yeah, as of right now my current setup.. my header sits about a inch off the ground.. ask ryan about the sparks in DC LOL! i wish we could have taken a picture of that!

if i lower my car the full 3.5 that the teins can go the car will literally be sitting on the ground :-

Dammnnnnn niceeee.

I spark here and there, from what I've been told.

Oh and another thing to add to your cheating-ness. You also have lower profile tires. :p

But damnnnn, gangsta.

how good would eibach springs that lower 1.4 inch front and back do with the stock struts? would they be fine or would they probly bust after a while?

I would think they would be fine. Not sure on the spring rates compared to Tein S.techs??

dont hate me but down where i live, del sols arnt much lol down here is like ricer central alls we got is neons, cavaliers and civics which people make look terrible >_< the only nice lookin cars we have are volkswagens which are complete garb of a car if you ask me...

Archived