motor for my honda race car

I cant figure out what motor i have that i got for my race car. I was told it came out of a prelude. its a 12 valve single cam carbed motor. What is it or where can i find the id plats. its not where they normal are. Thanks TIm

B20a3 isn't a single cam

edit: SH!T never mind just clicked the wiki link. I was always under the impression that even the B's were dohc.

Edited by alex37211

B20a3 isn't a single cam

edit: SH!T never mind just clicked the wiki link. I was always under the impression that even the B's were dohc.

the B is single and dual cams. The you said was right but its not a side draft. I was told it has a h22 but i dont think thats even right.

Not the early ones. Dual side inlet carbs baby, yea!

edit: it would have to be the side inlet carbs unless it was not from a prelude at all. prelude motors were either dohc or side carbs

Edited by Xeryon

Not the early ones. Dual side inlet carbs baby, yea!

edit: it would have to be the side inlet carbs unless it was not from a prelude at all. prelude motors were either dohc or side carbs

i dont know what the motor is from. i just know its a honda 12 valve.

Pictures would help. Honda didn't make a ton of 12V motors.

i can take a pic of it after my friend get here cuz i also need a carb for it. thats way im trying to find out what it out of. I have a a20 engine, i just dont know if the monifold will work on it. I know the carb is different. Thanks Tim