Some a**hole broke into my car

kirbydelslow

Last night during the late hours, apparently someone thought it would be cool to break my driver's side window, and steal my cheap-ass mp3 player that cost me 30bucks. that's all they stole, they didn't take my mugen power shift knob, my sound system, any of my clothes or cds. Just the cheap mp3 player.

i woke up pissed of ofcourse.

So I go to a junk yard. they had 5 f*ucked up del sols, so sad. but 3 had driver's windows intact.

the one we grabbed, apparently is too thick. it isn't the same thickness of the window that was broken.

Does anyone know why it was thicker? Did certain del sol models or years have thicker glass?

Because it's not gonna work, so I have to go back to the junk yard.

Sucks on breakins. Seems like someone just looking for things to quick hock for crack money.

Never heard of the glass being thicker on different models. I would guess that aftermarket glass, or glass that had tint applied might be a little thicker but not enough to mess up your install.

Sucks on breakins. Seems like someone just looking for things to quick hock for crack money.

Never heard of the glass being thicker on different models. I would guess that aftermarket glass, or glass that had tint applied might be a little thicker but not enough to mess up your install.

Apparently a house down the street was also broken into, when someone was home.

I went back to the junk yard today, and got the right window from a 93 del sol. It is noticeably thinner and lighter. Turns out the sol we took it from was a 94, I have a 93. The windows were the same company, Temperlite. Just had different product numbers printed on them. It didn't seem aftermarket, but it could have been. Strange how less than a 1/4 inch can cause so much fuss.

I also grabbed, for 10 dollars, a complete glove box from a 94. The glove box itself is a different design but fits into my 93. Except for the lock hook. It doesn't close correctly so I'll go back to the junk yard monday and see if I can grab the hook from the 94. This is fun. I'm gonna have a Frankenstein sol. lol.

This area is having a lot of problems with these kind of break ins lately. Its actually even been all over the news.

That's just stupid if people are doing that. I bet it is for crack.

Archived