funky sounds coming from the front

ok so for the last month or so i have hearing kinda of a metal on metal sound coming from my front right wheel. it kinda has the sound of when metal is resting on another metal surface but then under breaking it slips. i only really hear it when the wheel is turning right and breaking or at slow speeds...

i have been going through what it could be, ive taken the wheel off too but nothing seems loose. and i dont want to start with a whole suspension bushing set cause that takes alot of time to replace.

anyone else have this problem, or ideas what it could be thats making the noise

did you do anything to your car or change anything in it right before the noise appeared? It could be a bunch of things. Try lubing the front right wheel suspension and see what happens...

no i havent touched them in months. and all i do is drive about 70 miles a day 60 of it highway.

what do u suggest for the form of lube?

what do u suggest for the form of lube?

Depends on what you are into. I hear astroglide is popular in some groups. My preference is that new his and hers warming KY.

Lists of common noises.

Pulsating clicking in relation to moving speed: Axle

Constant grinding in relation to moving speed: wheel bearing

Constant grinding that either starts or stops when you touch the brakes: brake system

Clicking while turning: axle

Single pop while turning: ball joints

Depends on what you are into. I hear astroglide is popular in some groups. My preference is that new his and hers warming KY.

Lists of common noises.

Pulsating clicking in relation to moving speed: Axle

Constant grinding in relation to moving speed: wheel bearing

Constant grinding that either starts or stops when you touch the brakes: brake system

Clicking while turning: axle

Single pop while turning: ball joints

i would say its a mix between the last two. axle and ball joint... its mostly only when i turn but it will pop a few times when i first start to brake

Put your front end up in the air and see if there is any side to side wobble in the tire. When you grab the sides of the tire and torque it left and right it should slowly rotate the other front tire and the steering wheel simultaneously. If it has play in it you need tie rod ends. If you and wiggle it from top to bottom then you might need a ball joint on the top, bottom, or both.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived