EG8 rear disc conversion

OTiS

lookin for a rear disc brake conversion for my sedan but not sure of everything ill need. hmotorsonline has an eg6 conversion for 200ish. will it work for the eg8? all it says in description is "comes with ebrake cables"

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/whatsnew...5%20Civic's

also lookin at getting a set of slipstreams later on down the road so would i have any problems puttin those on with my rear brakes bein disc?

itll work. any brake set up from any 94-01 integra and 92-00 civic will work.

when i bought the ek9 five lug swap, it bolted right on to my ITR.

another good upgrade for your brakes is an ITR master cylinder and brake booster.

awesome. what would you recommend as far as drilled and slotted rotors and ss brake lines?

ebc makes some good stuff. i had ebc green stuff brake pads and drilled and slotted rotors. great price, too.

but if your rockin a stock engine set up all that stopping power isnt really needed. just a good set a brake pads.

Pretty sure I have covered this for you before. Keep in mind you will spend a lot more then $200 to finish this. My setup ran me near 1k. When all said and done I ended up with used ls trailing arms, new arm bushings, new oem calipers, new axxis ceramic pads, new brembo rotors, no-name stainless lines, used ls booster, used ls proportioning valve, a used master cylinder and new ebrake lines.

After my encounter skip spending very much on the LS setup. Pick up the LS trailing arm arrangement for cheap that comes with bad calipers and/or rotors since you should just replace them anyway. I paid a little more for the initial setup and came to find out that I needed to get new calipers and bushings anyway. The rotors and pads were budgeted right from the start.

nope. this is actually the 1st time iv wrote about gtn that done.

im not afraid to spend the money to get it done right. just might have to get parts over a period of time and install it all at once.

Few key points:

90-93 Integra setup: GSR, LS and GS and whatever - the parts are interchangable. Do not get sucked into paying more for GSR parts vs. LS parts. The LS parts are everywhere. There are bazillions in the junkyards everywhere. An LS setup is the easiest to find parts for, but requires the most parts to do it correctly.

92-95 SI, 93-97 Del Sol SI/VTEC (model years might be off one or two): Will bolt in exactly. Will not need to change booster, proportioning valve or MC as they are the same in all trim levels: CX=DX=LX=EX=SI=VTEC. This setup requires the fewest new(er) parts but is harder to find due to the donor vehicle being more uncommon and the owners know it.

ok so got in touch with hmotors and they said that the kit comes with trailing arm, ebrake cables, brake lines, calipers, rotors, and pads. they say thats the complete conversion so is that everything i would need to do the conversion in a weekend with no problems?

i plan on gtn drilled and slotted rotors and some new pads before even putting it on. and would i still be able to use existing booster, proportioning valve and MC? and last but not least should i still get the itr mc and booster?

Not to sound like an ass, but did you read what I posted?

If you use the EG based setup you will not need the MC, booster or valve. If you use the Integra based setup you will need the Integra MC, booster and valve but the trim level you use does not matter. They are all the same.

Slotted and drilled rotors will be pointless unless you are building a show car. The increase in braking capacity of your rear drums changing to the rear rotors will be significant as it is. My recommendation is to install a high quality OE, such as Brembo blanks with some high quality pads of your choosing.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived