sr20de in a civic

civi93ex

how hard would that be??? because you all know that the sr20de is the best engine ever made, well except for the sr20ve but thats a little expensive, i think the sr20 and the civic would make a nice little couple, but would probably be a bitch and cost more than my parents would ransom me for but hell it wil make some good discussion

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can, BUT the sr20det is much easier to modify. the only stock honda engine that puts out the power to possibly compete with an sr20det is the H22, but the H22 doesn't have a turbo to adjust.

the movie? that line was quite funny, but apparently it's being done. somebody else also put a mitsubishi 4G63 in a civic.

eh, why do all that work when you can build a better honda engine? on the other hand, an sr20deT would be worth it.

Hey buddy you have just won the award for the stupidest thing I have ever heard anybody say!! I own a Speedshop and you would not believe what some of the 16 year old ricers that come in here want and what they think but you sir have topped them all!!!!

You do realize that the SR20DET can handle up to 400 horse without having to change any internals!! Yeah really. Nissan doesn't call them bulletproof for nothing.

Although, a couple Nissan SR20's would pull a premium before race wars! w00t

you can, BUT the sr20det is much easier to modify. the only stock honda engine that puts out the power to possibly compete with an sr20det is the H22, but the H22 doesn't have a turbo to adjust.

The H22? Damn and I thought Honda had an NSX and an S2000 in their lineup somewhere. Wierd. Oh well.

yes, the B and H series engines have more potential than the sr20de. the stock sr20det would hand those engines their butts in stock form.

I know the S2000 and NSX are honda, but it'd be way more work putting either of those engines than swapping in an sr20det.

yes, the B and H series engines have more potential than the sr20de. the stock sr20det would hand those engines their butts in stock form.

I know the S2000 and NSX are honda, but it'd be way more work putting either of those engines than swapping in an sr20det.

1. You can't compare a turbo to N/A, thats like Dodge calling the SRT-4 a "Type R killer."

2. Put a turbo on a H22 or B20, and it will blow the SR20DET away.

3. Putting in a H or B is a lot less work and money than wasting money on a Nissan engine that can never be as good as a Honda engine.

if you wanna talk s2000 and nsx then what about skylines, an rb25det would kill any honda in stock form, and ssr stock hondas cant compete with stock nissans, because nissan knows how to make a turbo motor considering sr20 internals can take like 15psi easy and with stock honda internals its hard to go over 10psi, what honda swap would take a high fifteen second car into the high 13's that costs like 2-3k

1. You can't compare a turbo to N/A, thats like Dodge calling the SRT-4 a "Type R killer."

2. Put a turbo on a H22 or B20, and it will blow the SR20DET away.

3. Putting in a H or B is a lot less work and money than wasting money on a Nissan engine that can never be as good as a Honda engine.

1. ok, I won't. I'll compare an sr20de-t to a b16a1 with a junkyard turbo kit. total cost of the b16a1 w/turbo would be about $1700-2200. cost of the sr20de-t........$1350. now add a boost controller to each of them and up the boost. wait, the sr20de-t is built for boost, while the b16 is not.

2. for the excess money you'd spend on the H22 AND turbocharging it AND putting it in the civic, you could get an sr20de-t, better turbo manifold, FMIC, better piping, increase the boost, and drop it in the civic and make more power than the H22.

3. that's the most idiotic statement I've read from you so far. the sr20de-t costs the same as a b16a1, makes the same(if not, a bit more) power as an H22, and is built VERY well for boost.

1. ok, I won't. I'll compare an sr20de-t to a b16a1 with a junkyard turbo kit. total cost of the b16a1 w/turbo would be about $1700-2200. cost of the sr20de-t........$1350. now add a boost controller to each of them and up the boost. wait, the sr20de-t is built for boost, while the b16 is not.

2. for the excess money you'd spend on the H22 AND turbocharging it AND putting it in the civic, you could get an sr20de-t, better turbo manifold, FMIC, better piping, increase the boost, and drop it in the civic and make more power than the H22.

3. that's the most idiotic statement I've read from you so far. the sr20de-t costs the same as a b16a1, makes the same(if not, a bit more) power as an H22, and is built VERY well for boost.

OKay this is like a fight I got into with some jack asses on a Neon forum. They all said that their Neon's were the fastest cars in the world just because Neon owners are the stupidest people I've ever met and refuse to get through their head that however fast their little crap box may be it's still the #1 preference of rental car companies! The fight ended up with some butthead saying he was going to call the FBI because I said this guys turbokit was ######-rigged. All kinds of absurdities were thrown at me because I simply pointed out that a guy a know with an SRT4 had his ass handed to him by my buddies WRX. That's it. Honda's rock, yes. Are they the best motors in the world, possibly. Do they have the most power potential of all other motors, no. That's it. I love Honda's, I own one. I'm not by any means bad mouthing Honda's but the SR20DET is a much stronger motor capable of more power than any civic has to offer.

You guys all have good points especially the ones quoted in this reply. So all around for the money I really do believe that the SR20DET would be a better buy if it were to be manipulated into a civic's motor bay. It has more power, more power potential, and for around the same cost. Don't spend your time trying to find 50 different ways that I'm wrong since I'm on here agreeing with somebody who has anything different to say than Honda's rule the world. If you're going to try to show me 50 ways I'm wrong I'll show you 5000 ways that I'm right. At least as far as this goes....

if you wanna talk s2000 and nsx then what about skylines, an rb25det would kill any honda in stock form, and ssr stock hondas cant compete with stock nissans, because nissan knows how to make a turbo motor considering sr20 internals can take like 15psi easy and with stock honda internals its hard to go over 10psi, what honda swap would take a high fifteen second car into the high 13's that costs like 2-3k

1. An NSX will beat a GT.

2. Honda has made turbo engines too. A Honda engine can handle 20lbs. of boost factory.

3. And? An SR20DET is $2,400. That can't compare to a $1,200 engine at all(B20 longblock, B16LSD tranny)

4. Go home, you've been owned way too much.

5. I only need one way to prove everyone wrong. 1.3 seconds.

B20 longblock, B16LSD tranny, Drag Gen3 kit = $4,600

SR20DET, custom mount kit, manifold, FMIC, piping, boost controler = $5,000+

And you don't have to feel gay for having a Nissan engine or having a ghetto rigged front end.

1. An NSX will beat a GT.

2. Honda has made turbo engines too. A Honda engine can handle 20lbs. of boost factory.

3. And? An SR20DET is $2,400. That can't compare to a $1,200 engine at all(B20 longblock, B16LSD tranny)

4. Go home, you've been owned way too much.

5. I only need one way to prove everyone wrong. 1.3 seconds.

B20 longblock, B16LSD tranny, Drag Gen3 kit = $4,600

SR20DET, custom mount kit, manifold, FMIC, piping, boost controler = $5,000+

And you don't have to feel gay for having a Nissan engine or having a ghetto rigged front end.

1. a GT?? what?

2. honda has made one turbo engine for a car that I'm aware of and that hasn't been recently. a honda engine can not handle 20 PSI. a B18A or B18B(which are the best affordable engines to boost stock) can't even handle over 10-11 PSI in stock form. STOCK HONDA ENGINES ARE NOT BUILT FOR BOOST. you try boosting even 15 PSI on a stock honda motor for a few weeks redlining it everytime you shift a gear and your engine will blow up.

3. straight from Nippon Motors the sr20de-t is $1350......the same as a b16a1, which makes less power than the SR.

4. HAHA!! owned? I actually know what I'm talking about. I have people agreeing with me.

ME > you

5. I assume that's the amount of time you think before you come up with false BS responces on the INTRAWEB

6. the sr20det($1350)+mounting it(I really can't say...$700-1300)+manifold($250-350)+($100-300)+piping($100)+boost controller($100)=$3500(probably a little more)

we'll use your estimate of $4600 for your honda stuff....but you forgot to built the engine up for turbo. pistons, rods, rod bolts, valve springs, valves, and other stuff adds up(because you can't run 20 PSI on a stock honda engine). oh, and that tranny isn't exactly the best for boost, you'll want an LS tranny for that.

*sniffs around*do you smell that?*sniffs somemore*I smell.....ownage. you can go back to reading your superstreet now.

yeah what the hell are you talking about a GT do you know what an RB25DET, even if an NSX could compete with that an RB26DETT would destroy any honda chassis engine combination, in the turbo department nissan has everything covered for n/a honda is pretty good, but i really wanna see this honda with stock internals running 20psi

and will someone answer my question, is the lsd in a b16b transmission a viscous limited slip

Honda has had 4 turbo'd production cars, all K-cars: City, Z, Life Dunk, and That's. 2 are still being made today...

Just thought I'd throw that in, since there's more than one Honda car that came stock with turbo. Never heard of a STOCK Honda engine lasting under 20lbs of boost tho. If so, I'd like to see this...

1. a GT?? what?

2. honda has made one turbo engine for a car that I'm aware of and that hasn't been recently. a honda engine can not handle 20 PSI. a B18A or B18B(which are the best affordable engines to boost stock) can't even handle over 10-11 PSI in stock form. STOCK HONDA ENGINES ARE NOT BUILT FOR BOOST. you try boosting even 15 PSI on a stock honda motor for a few weeks redlining it everytime you shift a gear and your engine will blow up.

3. straight from Nippon Motors the sr20de-t is $1350......the same as a b16a1, which makes less power than the SR.

4. HAHA!! owned? I actually know what I'm talking about. I have people agreeing with me.

ME > you

5. I assume that's the amount of time you think before you come up with false BS responces on the INTRAWEB

6. the sr20det($1350)+mounting it(I really can't say...$700-1300)+manifold($250-350)+($100-300)+piping($100)+boost controller($100)=$3500(probably a little more)

we'll use your estimate of $4600 for your honda stuff....but you forgot to built the engine up for turbo. pistons, rods, rod bolts, valve springs, valves, and other stuff adds up(because you can't run 20 PSI on a stock honda engine). oh, and that tranny isn't exactly the best for boost, you'll want an LS tranny for that.

*sniffs around*do you smell that?*sniffs somemore*I smell.....ownage. you can go back to reading your superstreet now.

1. A Skyline GT GTS, whatever it is.

2. So you have never heard of Cheezefrog.

3. If you redline your car everytime you shift, you're just a dumbass.

4. An S14 (nope, not even the latest one made) is $2,400. A B16A from an SiR II is $2,350, and you don't need a mount kit.

5. I wasn't talking to you, it was directed to civiex dude.

5. No, thats the amount of time Honda beat Nissan by on the Super 2nR challange. And all the Nissans had SR20's.

6. That would equal $4,500 using a crapty manifold (from the price you listed).

7. You don't have to build an engine just for a bolt on turbo kit einstein. A B16 or B18C5 is the best tranny you can use for boosted Hondas.

8. Now you too, have been owned.

1. Skyline GT-R

2. there's one case......yes, I've watched a video. but that's only one case. give me another

3. but the sr20de-t can handle it.....

4. do some research. I actually priced an S13 engine(puts out 200+ HP) for $1350. thanks for playing.

5. put down your magazine and do research on your own. Nissan is pretty superior to Honda.

6. add the prices I listed....$3500. oh, the manifold cost is for a custom manifold....thanks though.

7. I really underestimated how stupid you really are. you want longer gears for the turbo, not shorter.

8. when you get a clue and actually become knowledgable about what you're talking about, then you can attempt to own somebody. I hope you aren't spreading your "knowledge" on other boards. you give honda drivers a bad name.

cliff notes: SuperStreetRX7 is wrong. thanks for playing. come again when you know what you're talking about.

1. Skyline GT-R

2. there's one case......yes, I've watched a video. but that's only one case. give me another

3. but the sr20de-t can handle it.....

4. do some research. I actually priced an S13 engine(puts out 200+ HP) for $1350. thanks for playing.

5. put down your magazine and do research on your own. Nissan is pretty superior to Honda.

6. add the prices I listed....$3500. oh, the manifold cost is for a custom manifold....thanks though.

7. I really underestimated how stupid you really are. you want longer gears for the turbo, not shorter.

8. when you get a clue and actually become knowledgable about what you're talking about, then you can attempt to own somebody. I hope you aren't spreading your "knowledge" on other boards. you give honda drivers a bad name.

cliff notes: SuperStreetRX7 is wrong. thanks for playing. come again when you know what you're talking about.

1. Skyline GT's have RB25DET's that were mentioned before.

2. One case is all you need. There are tons of people on H-T with 400+whp stock boosted engines.

3. Any engine can handle it.

4. I priced the last versions made, If the S14 is 2,400, the S15 must be higher than that.

5. Thats why turbo Nissans got owned by N/A Hondas on TV.

6. That must be a crapty custom manifold.

7. You want short gears for turbo. This has been discussed many times on H-T, B16 always coming on top.

8. You need to take your own advice as I know what I'm talking about.

with a turbo your going to make more power so you want longer gears, the newer skylines come with the rb26dett wich is the most bad ass engine on the entire planet. any stock engine can handle 20psi of boost, yeah right if i turbo a metro and put 20psi in it would probably instantly blow, yeah you dont need new internals for a honda with a turbo kit if you want to run 5psi of boost and never actually drive it, why dont you pic your scc back up and read the silvia article about how they turbocharged a 240sx silvia conversion with a turbo kit say 2k then put new tires on it a new flywheel and a new clutch and i ran twelves, how much is that like 3k, o and a new quaife type diff. they were runing 15psi of boost all the time on stock internals, they were putting like 274hp to the wheels

what sr20det are you pricing, you probably dont now the difference so just tell us what color the valve cover is

DO YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON TV????

anything u want front wheel back wheel all wheel right now i can get ca18dets for 650 puls shipping thats with intercooler and the older 1 with out intercooler for 550 on sr20de and sr20det i dont know off hand i need to go look so email me @ nismo87r@aol.com

ssr why dont you email him and ask him how much an sr20det is

the gti-r motors are 1,250 plus shipping the ca18det are 650 plus shipping and the ca18det non intercooler are 550 for the ca18de are 500 plus shipping

o wait no there it is, but you can still email him for the details

Archived