clicking noise when making right turn.. both axles fixed twice... but

baby_soldier

If it's not the axles, it could be the control arms or something around there. See if everything is tight...

Also, if you have a camber kit, if it's loose, it will make clicking noises too. My car made those clicking noises and all it was was the camber kit was a bit loose. I tightened it and clicking stopped!

did you buy everything too the axle or just the axle itself. I bet its the cv joint which is why its clicks. Have you checked the boots.

just the axle itself... yeah everyone says it might be the cv joint or something with the arm i dunno..

just the axle itself... yeah everyone says it might be the cv joint or something with the arm i dunno..

If you bought the whole axle, then it would come with new CVs. It's not the CVs unless they're bad when you buy them.

If you bought the whole axle, then it would come with new CVs. It's not the CVs unless they're bad when you buy them.

I agree. All depends on the quality of the part you bought. It is not uncommon for aftermarket axles to click right out of the box. Another option may be to try getting a used set of low mileage ones out of a salvage yard. If they don't click then replace the boots and you should be good to go for a while. You may want to check the wheel bearings as well, BUT they usually do not make a clicking sound more of a howling or grinding sound.

im almost 100% sure that its ur cv joint its got too be.

I'm almost 100% sure you're wrong. Like I previously stated, unless he's getting bad axles out of the box, it's not the CVs that are clicking. With it *only* happening while turning right, it's something very specific.

I'm almost 100% sure you're wrong. Like I previously stated, unless he's getting bad axles out of the box, it's not the CVs that are clicking. With it *only* happening while turning right, it's something very specific.

i was sayin that too if he doesnt know if the axle is not perfect out of the box since u said that not all are good.

• 4 months later...

could be a wheel bearing POSSIBLY. could be brakes making that noise POSSIBLY , lol. if he has new axles , im sure you can rule that out like kast says.

did you buy everything too the axle or just the axle itself. I bet its the cv joint which is why its clicks. Have you checked the boots.

another person that randomly posts and has no clue what they are talking about. i know everyone wants to like , be involved , lol. but this doesnt help anyone , only creates confusion.

• 5 months later...

had the same prob (i know im alil late but for future reference)it was my transmission bearings both sides only clicked on one tho had to change tranny for the carrier bearing and that fixed it i went thru the same thing and thought it was all the stuff you guys said turned out to be much simpler

Archived