What the best and cheapest way to get to 150-175hp

Screamer

Sup guys, I'm new to this group and new to modifying cars. I have a 1998 coupe D16Y8 engine stock, and I want to know how to get at least 150 - 175hp. Right now I believe I'm running 127hp and 108 whp, but I wanna get it up there.

A couple of people tells me an intercooler would work great. But I wanna know a just a couple things if noones to busy.

How much potential horsepower would an aftermarket:

Header?

Exhaust Manifold?

Intercooler?

Catback?

Camshafts?

And if there is anything else I could do to boost my hp.

Thanks guys!

Sup guys, I'm new to this group and new to modifying cars. I have a 1998 coupe D16Y8 engine stock, and I want to know how to get at least 150 - 175hp. Right now I believe I'm running 127hp and 108 whp, but I wanna get it up there.

A couple of people tells me an intercooler would work great. But I wanna know a just a couple things if noones to busy.

How much potential horsepower would an aftermarket:

Header?

Exhaust Manifold?

Intercooler?

Catback?

Camshafts?

And if there is anything else I could do to boost my hp.

Thanks guys!

Um.....this list will get you there for about the same amount as money as the stuff above....and you don't do an intercooler with a header.

Civic HF manifold

14b adapter plate

Factory 14b DSM turbo

DSM 450cc injectors' and resistor box

Godspeed Intercooler and piping

Used Greddy/HKS/etc...BOV

Oil feed and return lines

2.5-3" downpipe

A good tune and around 10psi on that setup that should get you close to the 200whp mark.

Chipped ECU dyno tuned on Crome

I'm with Nate on this one.

That's pretty much the exact parts list that I've assembled for my d16z6 plus a walboro pump, aem uego, and s300.

Um.....this list will get you there for about the same amount as money as the stuff above....and you don't do an intercooler with a header.

Civic HF manifold

14b adapter plate

Factory 14b DSM turbo

DSM 450cc injectors' and resistor box

Godspeed Intercooler and piping

Used Greddy/HKS/etc...BOV

Oil feed and return lines

2.5-3" downpipe

A good tune and around 10psi on that setup that should get you close to the 200whp mark.

Chipped ECU dyno tuned on Crome

sweeet! thanks guys!! =)

Archived