Stupid air intake

So I installed my intake that I bought from HPS and it fits so tight in the hood... It's both cold air and short ram (can be converted), so I just installed the short ram. Well that problem is that that top of the mandrel bend of the piping from the throttle body has no clearance between itself and the hood. Also the bend of the piping towards the filter hits my cruise control module... So that is digging a nice hole through it during shifting and the top of the hood jut rubs on top. I can't really bring the pipe much lower because it's already really low. Is this just garbage product or is there something I can do? I paid $150 for the whole thing...

Here are pics:

P1010046.jpg

P1010052.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010049.jpg

Okay so that is it... The electrical tape on there is to prevent the rubbing of the hood from damaging itself and the intake. I also did contact customer service and they responded to my first email telling me to cut the intake tubing connecting to the throttle body or the silicone hose coupler but then he asked me to e-mail pictures of the cruise control module and no response. I also called and talked to one of the representatives and she said that she will tell the guy but still no response... It has been a few days now... So talk about crappy customer service >_<

is that piece shown just one pipe or two?

That's the short ram conversion. It's a one piece. The other piece for the cold air conversion attaches where the air filter is now but I don't want to do that.

cant you just pivot the whole piece more towards the front of the car so it doesnt hit?

No because if you pay close attention to the 02 sensor it can't be moved over any farther and the hole for the tubing that connects the intake to the manifold will be turned at an awkward angle and then it won't be able to plug in... I've thought about all of it :(

Are you sure you got one for the D17?

You have an 01 Civic EX so your engine bay should be very similar to mine, if not identical. Pic of my V2 for reference.

IMG_0922.jpg

You might have to just play around with it a little and get it to swivel forward more like airjordan said. I had to cut the hose a little, so you might have to as well.

Are you sure you got one for the D17?

You have an 01 Civic EX so your engine bay should be very similar to mine, if not identical. Pic of my V2 for reference.

IMG_0922.jpg

You might have to just play around with it a little and get it to swivel forward more like airjordan said. I had to cut the hose a little, so you might have to as well.

How tight does it fit up there to the battery and do you have hood clearance?

I would just try to splice the O2 wires and make them a few inches longer. shouldn't hurt anything and its worth a try. Looks like you could also cut about a half inch off the bottom portion of the tube that meets with the throttle body, should give you the clearance too.

I just returned it guys. I called HPS and they are going to replace it. It just doesn't fit right in the engine no matter what I would do. The website I got it from is going to give me an AEM one instead :)

For the same price?

What's the price difference? I think I'll order 10 or 12 myself. :devil:

Well I got the cold air intake from HPS for $150 on Ebay. The website I got it from was www.autogrimmig.com. I had to contact HPS to tell them about my situation and send them pictures and all the stuff. They authorized the return to autogrimmig and they are going to send me a AEM short ram air intake for no extra charge.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I got the cold air intake from HPS for $150 on Ebay. The website I got it from was www.autogrimmig.com. I had to contact HPS to tell them about my situation and send them pictures and all the stuff. They authorized the return to autogrimmig and they are going to send me a AEM short ram air intake for no extra charge.

lucky bastard. i am going to go with a K&N for the 92-95 civics. d series. i see in that pic that it looks like it would be very difficult with the tube feeding into the top of the manifold. im glad mine feeds from the side :D good luck with the AEM

Archived