HELP!!!

Motoxpro118

Hey everyone I have a 93 delsol with a d16 in it. everything is completely stock ... The reason im posting is cause im havin a problem with it starting. It will run good for a few weeks no probs then when i randomly go to start it it will start for a sec then just shut right off then will take a while of turning over to start again ... a couple times i even had to bump start it and it would fire right up ... Does anyone know what would cause this cause i have no clue ... Iv had a few people say it was the fuel pump but id figure id ask on here to see what yall say

The lights that all light up when you turn the key to on.

Ya everything works fine as if nothing ever happened ... it just will turn and turn and turn over and not start ... i was stuck in indiana today with it hour and a half from home with a dead car and i live in il ... finally i found someone to hook at tow rope up to the front of it and bump start me ... it was horrible

Oh sorry ... i dunno i dont pay no attention im to busy beating on the stearing wheel then to notice random lights comming on

Pay attention next time.

He was attempting to help you.. But you cant give much info as to where to tell you to look, if you dont give much info on whats wrong.

"It wont start" dont help diaognosis a problem..

Ya well now im really fracked cause the previous owner had an alarm on the car wiht an automatic starter and it was goin off so i pull all the wires out and now the car wont even turn over .... never by a used car again!

Ya well now im really fracked cause the previous owner had an alarm on the car wiht an automatic starter and it was goin off so i pull all the wires out and now the car wont even turn over .... never by a used car again!

Yep, you're pretty screwed there. I don't have any wiring diagrams, but Google should be able to help you. BTW, that alarm could also be the cause of your starting and running trouble. Mentioning that alarm first thing could've also gotten you a potential answer more quickly. Next time you might want to start off with that, instead of saying everything is stock.

That's like saying my Civic is completely stock but I get a major power loss at high RPMs...because I have a T3 turbo spooling 12 pounds with no fuel system upgrade.

The first thought that came to mind reading this was that the battery terminals might be corroded or loose.

And then you probably activated the alarm starter kill, which was there to keep thieves from doing exactly what you ended up doing.

An engine will theoretically run forever if it is well maintained.

GM ran an experiment back in the 80's I believe, ran an engine for the equivalent of 100,000 miles with a continuous stream of fresh oil through it. They then tore it apart, and found no evidence of wear. Oil changes every 3000 miles FTW. :thumbsup:

As for the problem, it sounds to me like an intermittent fuel system problem, which would make sense if the alarm were set up to immobilize the car by cutting power to the fuel pump. Wish I could access Motor AllData from home... I could get the wiring diagrams for you right now.

• 2 months later...
The first thought that came to mind reading this was that the battery terminals might be corroded or loose.

And then you probably activated the alarm starter kill, which was there to keep thieves from doing exactly what you ended up doing.

i was thinking the same thing. My battery terminals were corroded a while back and i wasnt getting a good connection. but other days it would start right up. Because he took the + lead off, and then back on, it wont make a proper connection. (new terminals at autozone 5 bucks).

i love alldata lol

its worth the money

i was thinking the same thing. My battery terminals were corroded a while back and i wasnt getting a good connection. but other days it would start right up. Because he took the + lead off, and then back on, it wont make a proper connection. (new terminals at autozone 5 bucks).

um the last post of this thread was on may 5th so im prty sure this guy had his question answered by now.... check the dates on some of these next time plox

• 5 weeks later...

Try taking a look at your main relay

those times your cars doesnt start, your fuel pump may not be coming on

when u turn the key, before it turns over, u should hear your 2 clicks within 3-4 seconds.

if it does it again, try just turning the car on, but not start 4-5 times for 4-5 seconds at a time.

i hope this helps if u still havent solved the prob

or if anyone else is having this problem

like i said b4 to the other guy who drug this topic back up the last post was on may 5th....

CHECK THE F!@#N dates when you reply plzzzzzz.

He amended if the OP hadn't fixed the problem as well as anyone else that might be having similar symptoms. Plus it's just a 3 month dredge, no need to get your ovaries knotted up. Go back to the Prelude forum if all you're gonna do is be an asshat.

Archived