What can you guys tell me about the d16a1? Is it any good? My friend thinks it has a B18 but there's a metal thing by the headlight that says d16. I don't know but is this motor any good to boost?

so you have a d16a1 that your friend thinks is a b18?

Thanks for the good info. And no it just looks familiar but I'm sure its a D16. Hes a dsm'r so its not like we know anything...

and someone could of swapped in a B18 which is why I need to know if anyone would do that. Kind of like swapping in a 420a for a 4g63... Its dumb and pointless

Thanks for the good info. And no it just looks familiar but I'm sure its a D16. Hes a dsm'r so its not like we know anything...

and someone could of swapped in a B18 which is why I need to know if anyone would do that. Kind of like swapping in a 420a for a 4g63... Its dumb and pointless

Not so fast. A B18 is a superior platform to a D16. First question, is it a twin cam motor?

Not so fast. A B18 is a superior platform to a D16. First question, is it a twin cam motor?

Yea that's what I was trying to ask. I don't know my Honda motors at all, they're completely new to me.

Yes the motor is a DOHC. It's painted red, I don't know if that means anything...

oh my.

engines don't have headlights.

d16a1 is a dohc non-vtec engine from the 86-89 integra, it's most popular as a swap in the first gen crx.

Archived