Header.

AccordHEART

So I bought a header off of ebay advertised to fit dx/lx 94-97 accords. It got here today, but it's missing the top hole for an o2 sensor(The one in the engine bay, not near the cat). The seller has a "no returns" policy because the stuff they sell is "sold under retail price." How sh!tty is the car gonna run if I just run the one o2 sensor down by the cat? Or should I try to sell it locally and buy the right one...or take it to a shop and get them to make a hole for the o2 sensor?

I would sell it and get the right one. A shop could weld on a bung for maybe $30 or so but from the sounds of this header, I wouldn't wanna really put any money into it. Is it one of those $60 ones?

I've heard of those cracking in the first 2-4 weeks. But you might get lucky.

If you got it really cheap, it shouldn't be hard to get rid of on craigslist. You might even make a couple bucks. I used to buy them for $50 on ebay for d-series motors and sell them on CL for $100. I sold like 5 of em.

*I should order some more.

on the oem manifold does the sensor screw into ONE of the primaries (closer to the head) or does it connect where they all collect. if its the second option then screw the first sensor before the cat on hte header, you may need an extension. and the ebay headers get pretty good rep on d-series.org. there is an ebay header thread a dozen pages long with less than 5 reports of cracking, many of the people posting had owned the header for over a year. the only thing is the "stainless finish" discolors very quickly, so a shot of high heat paint on them would keep them looking nice for a while.

Stock manifold. The header I got only has one hole for an o2 sensor right before it goes to the cat. Most of the headers I see for 94 - 97 accords have one on one of the primaries though. This one, however, has nothing.

Where can I get an extension?

Stock manifold. The header I got only has one hole for an o2 sensor right before it goes to the cat. Most of the headers I see for 94 - 97 accords have one on one of the primaries though. This one, however, has nothing.

If you ordered the right header under the description, but received the wrong one, first contact the seller. Then file a dispute through Paypal (if you used that) if nothing happens. You'll get your money back one way or another. The feedback system on ebay is heavily weighed now so sellers are more inclined to please you, so the seller should replace it even if it says "no returns".

ah i see. then the header you have will be fine. d16y7 header is the exact same way (shorty style manifold > primary O2 > cat > downpipe > exhaust), and ebay 4-2-1 headers work fine with the sensor down by the collector. lengthen the wires for the O2 sensor so that it will reach down to the bung in the new header and you'll be fine. if you look at most other aftermarket headers online for your car they all have the primary O2 down by the collector.

Archived