B16a 1.6 170 4 cyclinder (duh)

Gamedon

My Friend has a Civic CRX project car and he want to put a b18c1 in it and i said Too much fabrications, your better off with the 1.6 liter. Am i right how much work/price would a b18c take to install with all componets installed. Is a B16a easier? :)

My Friend has a Civic CRX project car and he want to put a b18c1 in it and i said Too much fabrications, your better off with the 1.6 liter. Am i right how much work/price would a b18c take to install with all componets installed. Is a B16a easier? :)

b16 will be cheaper than the b18

b16 gen 1 (160 hp, JDM) would be easiest due to the cable clutch. this is the motor found in the CRX SiRs.

b16 gen 2 (170 hp, JDM) and b18c1 (170 hp, USDM) are both hydraulic clutches, so it is a little more difficult.

mounts will be needed for all of the swaps, but as far as actually installing (aside from the hydraulic clutch), they're probably about the same as far as difficulty.

if you're looking at the sirI b16, with the cable clutch, it's only available JDM.

also, you're going to need to wire vtec...

what trim level is the crx? if it's not an SI, he'll need the module from an SI(can't think of the except part name at the moment). getting down to what engine to use, how much money do you want to spend? and what exactly do you want out of the car?

B16A1 with ITR internals, ITR intake manifold, intake, header, exhaust, and whatever else would be a nice setup in a crx. but, she's right. the B16A1 and A2 are the only cable clutch B16s and they only came in JDM 88-91 civic SiRs and JDM second gen integras. if it makes you feel any better, they aren't expensive at all

Civic girl im not up on my information, but whats year is the generation 2 B16a, and from which variation has hyd. clutch? :) im way ahead of with the ECU---------- I was wondering if you were to set vtec to engage at 3,000 RPMS (I heard this is not a good idea, but its stuck in my mind) - Basically i know Vtec works off of oil pressure and electronic lift control .... this coudn't be a bad thing could it? :mellow:

I know my mechanics but not my Engine Info ( or at least some 1.6 Variations huh )

OH :o and by the way this 1900 pound car is planning to be running 500 hp on the street (Forced Induction + Nitro) And the money were going all out on the money :D I dont know how but its gonna be done. You wanted to know what type the trim is the CRX ? im guessing base Model its a 1990 Civic CRX...he bought the car it was smoking terribly and it had no embelem.

if you really want to stick with USDM, go for a hybrid motor. CR/VTEC would be my choice.

you have to be careful when setting where your VTEC engages. 3000 is way too early. get a VTEC controller such as the Apexi VAFC and learn how to use it. then depending on what's done to the engine, set it. go to a dyno and run it with different VTEC engagements to figure out which point makes the most power. this may sound strange, but it may actually need to engage at a higher RPM than stock.

huh what what engine you say CR/VTEC <--- whats that Did you mean the CR-V <--- with the B20 engine i think !!! thats too big i rather put the in my civic coupe than his CRX to have no hassles with it. Alrighty were looking to put a 1.6 in here K :D !

huh what what engine you say CR/VTEC <--- whats that Did you mean the CR-V <--- with the B20 engine i think !!! thats too big i rather put the in my civic coupe than his CRX to have no hassles with it. Alrighty were looking to put a 1.6 in here K :D !

a friend of mine had done B20/vtec swapped in a 88 CRx Hf, JDM taillights and 90-91headlights,cf hood,lowered,fully gutted out, etc what not, runs low 13s in siliconvalley, if you come by, im sure you will hear the team ERC.:ninja:

• 2 months later...

any b series motor will be pretty damn close to the same to install and if you want to go fast put the B20-vtec (CR/V-tec) motor in. in my personal opinion, and i have the B16, had the B18, and am building the B20, its by far the best way to go... displacement is easy power....

All B series are the same same (not displacement wise), other than a few more MM on the deck height.

500whp on the street? Waste of money. Who wants to spend money on race gas all the time? Street racing is gay.

If you're not going to race competitively, all you need is a stock engine(that is stock as in the engine that came in the car from the factory).

ok ok ok let the masta threw back up back up people let me see what we are working with......hmmm....yes yes......ok i have it....

hhehehehehhe.

B20 Block w/ ITR Head(port, polish, multi-angle valve job)

JE Pistons

Eagle Rods

Crower Internals

t25/t28 hybrid turbo

Greddy Profec B boost controller

K&N Filter

Unorthodox Pulleys

AEM Cam Gears

Crane Cams Cam Set(Custom grind your choice)

A'PEXi downpipe

Catco Cat

A'PEXi N1 Cat-Back Exhaust

that setup should only run u about 5,000-7,500 and running at about 18lbs of boost street and 20lbs strip should put u about 400-500 hp range. add nitrous and u can be 600s easily

Archived