Suspension Question.

AccordHEART

My '95 accord is lowered on megan racing springs. Rode fine for awhile, but now the rear passenger wheel seems to be messed up. Whenever I hit a bump back there, on that side, that wheel will bounce like crazy for a few seconds then stop and go back to normal. I dunno what the problem is, but I think it's the shock. Not 100% sure, so any input would be appreciated. If you need anymore info, just let me know. Gonna take that wheel off tomorrow and see if anything looks out of place. But I really dunno what I'm looking for. Also - there has been some speculation that the springs are on upside-down, if that's possible.

Have to agree with James, now that I have the whole story lol.

Struts gone, replace all of 'em and you"ll be better off. And you can't put Megan springs on upside down.

Any time you install aftermarket lowering springs on a car and do not replace the shocks you will blow them. It is inevitable.

Not true. I put Tein S-tech's on my stock shocks and am fully confident that they won't blow anytime soon.

Technically all shocks will eventually blow, but I don't think my springs will shorten the life much if any.

Not true. I put Tein S-tech's on my stock shocks and am fully confident that they won't blow anytime soon.

Technically all shocks will eventually blow, but I don't think my springs will shorten the life much if any.

Guarantee that your stock shocks will blow if you lower any car. i'm confident that your tein S tech's has already blown your stock shocks. just because now you dont feel as much body roll as before does not mean that your shocks are still good...But with S techs, who needs shocks anyway.

Archived