Stock DSM gst turbo into integra b18??

cody480gsr

ok well heres my question...... my aunt has a 99gst with a damn near brand new turbo and shes upgrading to the 16g turbo and isnt doin anything with her old turbo....so my question is can that turbo easily mount to my b18c or wat would i have to do in order to run it? (i know i need to by an intercooler and b.o.v and have down pipe and other exhaust parts but other than that wats the deal?)

i dont know how the whole NOOB felt necisary to u but i know the crap i need to turbo a vehicle wouldnt be the first car ive done it to its just the honda scene im new to .....so u no where near answered my question the ? was could i use a gst turbo on my car so maybe the next person that reads this will answer my ? correctly and not feel superior to anybody for no reason

i dont know how the whole NOOB felt necisary to u but i know the crap i need to turbo a vehicle wouldnt be the first car ive done it to its just the honda scene im new to .....so u no where near answered my question the ? was could i use a gst turbo on my car so maybe the next person that reads this will answer my ? correctly and not feel superior to anybody for no reason

A turbo is a turbo, you can use ANY turbo on your car.

• 2 weeks later...
ok well heres my question...... my aunt has a 99gst with a damn near brand new turbo and shes upgrading to the 16g turbo and isnt doin anything with her old turbo....so my question is can that turbo easily mount to my b18c or wat would i have to do in order to run it? (i know i need to by an intercooler and b.o.v and have down pipe and other exhaust parts but other than that wats the deal?)

It's a t25 turbo. They don't flow a lot, nor can they make 15+ psi without blowing up. But if it's for free I'd put it on. You're going to want to check for shaft play. If you were to look at it from the top (while mounted in the car) and shaft play from left to right is bad. Anything up and down is not want you want, but 2mm is acceptable. You'll know whats bad, and give it some force so it moves. I'd say you're almost better off looking for a used 14b. I don't know much about Honda's but you might want to run a tuning device and get a bigger fuel system.

Good luck.

And I don't recommend putting on "any" turbo. Anything too big will flow too much air. And the bigger it is, the more you need to run so it becomes efficient. Example, a PTE 50 trim is not efficient unless you run 20psi.

I'm not sure why everybody felt like being Jerks in this thread....legitimate question.

To answer your question, yes that turbo will work on a GSR...however it's really too small. If you want to use a factory turbo get a T3 off a Saab 9000 or other factory car. You can pick one up for cheap...but there's still a lot to get......it's not just the turbocharger that makes boosting a honda expensive...it's all the little stuff that adds up.

Archived