D16 question

Shonebbs

hey guys i am newbie to hondas. I have a 95 civic ex d16 sohc vtech. My question is would fuel rail and fuel injectors out of a 95 integra (automatic) b18 non vtech be an upgrade to my d16 vtech? only mods i curently have in intake and exhuast.

also would any parts of the b18 give me any performance for my d16? (besides swapping motors lol)

My car is a 5 speed by the way. thanks

Nothing from the b will work on or improve your d without significant modification.

Upgrading fuel rail and injectors would not net you a serious gain unless you had all the other pieces of the puzzle: intake & exhaust (which you have), and high flow cat, header and larger throttle body. Possible you would not see any gain unless you had a port and polish but at the very minimum a port match on the intake and exhaust side or some form of forced induction. Until all these other items are addressed all the larger injectors will do for you is ruin your fuel mileage.

At this point? Not much that would be cheap and be worthwhile. Sure there are plenty of cheap things you could install but none of them would be worth a damn when it comes to actual performance.

If you are looking for general handling & performance and not just going fast you could redo the brakes or swap out your suspension for something lower and firmer.

The ex 5speed is a good transmission.

You already have 4 wheel discs

Unfortunately, your next cheapest few things that would net you anything relevant would be a header and a high flow cat.

I guess that is a new one for me. I thought every ex and si from 92 up came with 4 wheel discs. Apparently, only the 96 and up ex came with 4 wheel discs. Or hell, do any of the 90's ex come with rear discs? I know my dx sedan sure in the hell didn't. First modification I ever installed was a GS disc brake swap. So far it is the best bang for buck thing I have installed or repaired.

Archived